The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I often wonder about the number of players that read P&B.

Id imagine it’s more than people imagine.

I might be misremembering this but I’m sure Eric Drysdale used to post here many years ago when he was on the board of directors. 

7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Super hans or was that his supposed son , if I remember correctly 

That's right.

There was an absolute belter of a message appeared from Super Hans one day and after the meltdown reaction he blamed his son Martin.

10 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

That's right.

There was an absolute belter of a message appeared from Super Hans one day and after the meltdown reaction he blamed his son Martin.

😂😂 that’s right, no offence to Eric but I am glad he is no longer at the club,  just a fan who got too much power and went to his head and not very knowledgeable about football in a professional sense but nice enough bloke. Night and day compared to Andrew Barrowman 

25 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

According to an airdrie poster no he isn’t but until he is announced you never know 

Also not sure he's what we need. He's a good player for this level but even airdrie fans are saying he probably isn't good enough for a team looking to challenge next season. I don't really think we need to sign him as a backup, as Matthews has shown he can fill in there, so really am hoping for someone like Megwa etc as our starter rb with Matthews capable of playing there when needed. 

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

That was taken the season before I joined the supporters' club.

Recognise the late Stephen Coulter from Dunnikier Estate. A smashing guy taken far too soon.

Aye Stephen was a great lad, that was my 1st season in the supporters club, my 1st away game was Partick in Sept 1982 (2-1 loss, Colin Harris scored in the last minute and the 4 of us went daft), the programme from that game is mounted in a frame just above the picture I posted. Alloa away was I believe the last game of the season (or certainly the last away game) pretty sure we lost 2-0 and the picture was used in the programme for a pre season friendly against Swansea City the following season. If memory serves me right Jim Foy took the picture.

1 hour ago, Pride of Fife said:

Cancel that! Was thinking of Brody Patterson 

Yeah, think he's been in training the past two summers and hasn't been offered a deal. Think he's a local lad that Murray had previously so probably just in for training, which I'd assume could happen again this summer depending on if he has a club or not. 

Just a wee bit of info, if anyone is interested regarding Callum Hannah, His dad Gordon was a very successful rugby player from Leven. He played for Kirkcaldy RFC , then went on to play at a higher level, Really good guy, 👍