The New Raith Rovers Thread

Genuinely can't believe some are suggesting the board be booed on Saturday.

As far as I can see, its elements of the support that are the biggest problem here!

Could be carnage if Livvy score early, quite literally.

Not Good.

Some of the mental gymnastics required to get into the mindset of some Raith fans is Olympic level! This thread is, if nothing else, entertaining as hell. Waiting to see how bad the next take is going to get has become a staple of my day 🤣

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Pre match Saturday is the perfect time to let the board know how we feel. Boo them when they take their seats in the directors box. That should get the message across. With any luck they'll strop off to the Pars and become their problem! 

I know folk have already said this but you are delusional bud away and give your head a wobble 

The only thing is it’s very clear now we are getting further down this “short-list” and now getting to the shite hopefully this doesn’t end up with a mcglynn or Nacho appointment 

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Serious question, how will they know it's directed at them?

There may be players on the pitch at the same time, how do you insulate them from this form of abuse?

I expect the players turn will come at half time/full time. 

I’ve seen more improvement on and off the park in the last year than in the last 20 odd yet people still aren’t happy, The David Healy farce wasn’t the boards doing it was healys and his agent who clearly leaked the rovers offer to the media to instigate potentially more money and a contract extension shocking professionalism in my opinion and not the way to conduct business it clearly shows the type of character Healy is so I’m glad he ain’t joining my club , however to suggest walk outs in protest is embarrassing and quite frankly don’t come back to Starks park if you feel that’s the right thing to do. I’ve seen a lot lot worse in my 45 years of supporting the Rovers and have total trust in the board that the right decision will be made if long term they get it wrong it ain’t the end of the world so we as fans just have to stick by the team at the moment 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I expect the players turn will come at half time/full time. 

i expect you to stay away from starks park. you shit stirring morons aren't wanted there. ad yes i swore and it wont be the last time if you keep posting your bile

8 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I’ve seen more improvement on and off the park in the last year than in the last 20 odd yet people still aren’t happy, The David Healy farce wasn’t the boards doing it was healys and his agent who clearly leaked the rovers offer to the media to instigate potentially more money and a contract extension shocking professionalism in my opinion and not the way to conduct business it clearly shows the type of character Healy is so I’m glad he ain’t joining my club , however to suggest walk outs in protest is embarrassing and quite frankly don’t come back to Starks park if you feel that’s the right thing to do. I’ve seen a lot lot worse in my 45 years of supporting the Rovers and have total trust in the board that the right decision will be made if long term they get it wrong it ain’t the end of the world so we as fans just have to stick by the team at the moment 

What improvement on the park? The season before the village idiots took over we were seventh. Guess what? We're still seventh.

Is that progress? 

We are 3 games into the season. We finished 2 last season.  Take your negativity somewhere else. Maybe just stay in the house on a Saturday. The rovers don't really need "fans" like you.

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

We are 3 games into the season. We finished 2 last season.  Take your negativity somewhere else. Maybe just stay in the house on a Saturday. The rovers don't really need "fans" like you.

hes not a fan. hides his online presece ready to pounce. hes an outright troll

The Courier is saying we're after some Ukrainian midfielder from St Johnstone (won't bother trying to spell his name!). 

I don't really see the need for a midfielder unless one is expected to be leaving us soon. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Courier is saying we're after some Ukrainian midfielder from St Johnstone (won't bother trying to spell his name!). 

I don't really see the need for a midfielder unless one is expected to be leaving us soon. 

He's best as a deeper playmaker type, if it's any worth, but has played pretty much everywhere in midfield so including out wide where he needs to play on his weak side really because he's not quick enough to beat defenders.

8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Pre match Saturday is the perfect time to let the board know how we feel. Boo them when they take their seats in the directors box. That should get the message across. With any luck they'll strop off to the Pars and become their problem! 

This is such an awful take. Yes it's disappointing we don't have a manager in post, but this is a short term issue. The Board are doing great things with the club, and your proposed action is moronic. You have a serious short term memory problem.

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At the end of the game on Saturday we had two midfielders injured in Stanton and Brown, one suspended in Byrne and the other who's been playing right back more than he has in the middle. We need squad depth and if the lad is a playmaker, he's also different to what we have currently. 

A little uneasy that we're bringing in more people without a permanent manager to sign off on, gives them less opportunities to bring in their own people but it is what it is 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

11 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

For showing no signs of improvement, for repeatedly throwing points away as DUFC lurched towards the finish line and for failing to see to Arbroath when everyone else was, aye.

This reeks of our Houston out era and we all saw how that panned out.

sacking your manager who recorded your highest league position in god know how long. 
this self entitlement is mental in the same vein as ours was.

I really cannot believe the comments from one poster this morning.

In terms of positives. Main stand is getting a much needed makeover, inside and out. New dressing rooms, new coaches office and downstairs hospitality. Not to mention the outside cladding. 

Revenue raised from increased sponsorship and last season a social media channel that was the talking point of fans and rival clubs. This helped boost home attendances.

We have board members working daily at the club trying to drive the business forward. 

On the pitch we have a better quality of squad than I care to remember. Two seasons ago we signed Kyle Connell a player that has struggled in lower leagues to score. 

On the negative the appointment of a manager is taking longer than probably everyone including the board anticipated and player recruitment as a result appears to have stalled. 

Hopefully this all changes before Saturday and our social media can go back into overdrive and we get that feel good factor back. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I really cannot believe the comments from one poster this morning.

In terms of positives. Main stand is getting a much needed makeover, inside and out. New dressing rooms, new coaches office and downstairs hospitality. Not to mention the outside cladding. 

Revenue raised from increased sponsorship and last season a social media channel that was the talking point of fans and rival clubs. This helped boost home attendances.

We have board members working daily at the club trying to drive the business forward. 

On the pitch we have a better quality of squad than I care to remember. Two seasons ago we signed Kyle Connell a player that has struggled in lower leagues to score. 

On the negative the appointment of a manager is taking longer than probably everyone including the board anticipated and player recruitment as a result appears to have stalled. 

Hopefully this all changes before Saturday and our social media can go back into overdrive and we get that feel good factor back. 

super post.