The New Raith Rovers Thread

I have been very critical of Dylan Easton.  However last week and this week he was different class.  Guy is on fire just now, running himself into the ground.  No wonder he needs subbed after 70 mins or so.

Also big Jack is playing out his skin just now.  Last week he was motm by far.  This week he was still strong and as expected against a much better side didn't win everything.  Took his penalty well too.

Connolly also working very hard, and winning the ball in the middle.

Collins beginning to get these lads firing.

One thing though is we still need a striker in.  We still didn't look like scoring from open play despite all the good build up work.  Someone as a foil for Hamilton as the target man.

Onwards and upwards, great to beat them because....

The baldy b*****d....

Their 43 game run ends...

All the ex Rovers there...

It's Falkirk.

Girfu them. 😀😀

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

To get the negatives out of the way, the switch to 352 didn't help us today imo. I also missed last week so im yet to see Freeman actually look good. He did OK today but I'm hoping dabo gets up to speed quickly. But please ditch this 352. I didn't think the subs where particularly good either with us looking weaker. Playing brown so advanced was a bold move. Smith and Jamieson are the exact same player and I would have had Gibson on instead of Jamieson. 

The good stuff, we where solid at the back and kev didn't have a save to make. He came out and cleared his lines well a couple of times but there's still that small miscommunication there at times. Matthews and Byrne did well in the middle and Easton was motm for me. I thought Hamilton worked hard and won the majority of high balls which where also finding someone most of the time. Pollock didn't look great first half however it looked like he picked up a knock early on and he was being doubled up on well. Second half he had a couple of good moments where he got beyond yeats before being subbed. There was alot more fight and desire throughout than iv seen before today and although we didn't create much, we did enough to get the 3 points in the end. 

On the Dabrowski coming out to collect thing. Some people in the South Stand have zero idea when a keeper should come out. A few times today people screaming for it when there was no hope in hell it was a good idea. Even once Murray was wanting Kev to come and get a ball that was knee high, curling away from goal when Murray could and eventually did clear it easily. Bizarre.

Also won't understand people screaming for a player to press a defensive line when they're four against one. Let teams have it and passearound their defence, and only press when you've got numbers. We did that well today as soon as Spencer and Tait got the ball, we gave them little time to create, other than a few balls over the top against Stevenson, which seemed like a plan from Falkirk that didn't really work. Hanlon was excellent again today, really earning those extra pension funds. 

We switched to 5 at the back to hold out the lead, but it didn't do us many favours going forward. Smith faffing the best chance with a poor pass to a free Jamieson. Both he and Smith were clearly brought on to hassle Falkirk and give them less time and space and it worked fairly well. Thought that Dabo was OK, but quickly discovered he won't get a lot of time on the ball in this league, its 100 miles an hour blood and snotters here, none of this actual football stuff.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

On the Dabrowski coming out to collect thing. Some people in the South Stand have zero idea when a keeper should come out. A few times today people screaming for it when there was no hope in hell it was a good idea. Even once Murray was wanting Kev to come and get a ball that was knee high, curling away from goal when Murray could and eventually did clear it easily. Bizarre.

Also won't understand people screaming for a player to press a defensive line when they're four against one. Let teams have it and passearound their defence, and only press when you've got numbers. We did that well today as soon as Spencer and Tait got the ball, we gave them little time to create, other than a few balls over the top against Stevenson, which seemed like a plan from Falkirk that didn't really work. Hanlon was excellent again today, really earning those extra pension funds. 

We switched to 5 at the back to hold out the lead, but it didn't do us many favours going forward. Smith faffing the best chance with a poor pass to a free Jamieson. Both he and Smith were clearly brought on to hassle Falkirk and give them less time and space and it worked fairly well. Thought that Dabo was OK, but quickly discovered he won't get a lot of time on the ball in this league, its 100 miles an hour blood and snotters here, none of this actual football stuff.

I agree on the Dabrowski thing, he isn't a sweeper keeper and the incident you mention is one I'm talking about with miscommunication, I wasn't meaning him directly with it. 

Agree with the second point. 

And agree with the third. I can see the logic behind doing it, it just didn't work for me. It did in so much as we got the 3 points but it didn't help us get them imo. Said the same about dabo after the game, it was probably a good one for him to get his first taste in so he knows what to expect now. 

I thought we were still 4 at the back with Stevenson playing left midfield and Dick as a traditional left back? 

Anyway, that was superb today. Much needed. 

Brilliant to ram it up McGlynn and his rabble of Rovers rejects. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought we were still 4 at the back with Stevenson playing left midfield and Dick as a traditional left back? 

Anyway, that was superb today. Much needed. 

Brilliant to ram it up McGlynn and his rabble of Rovers rejects. 

Nah Falkirk where doubling up so so dick was moving over to cover it. 

As I've said great result and performance today, but we still need another striker. Hamilton played well but we have nothing waiting on the bench. Hopefully we see a loan or free agent this coming week.

Loved that today, great team to get the win against too. With all the praise going on them they offered up nothing. I'm aware they had players out but as did we. 

Held on brilliantly in the end, would have preferred another goal to settle the nerves and possibly get the south stand jumping. 

Onto next week and see how we move forward. Would love for a striker to be in before then. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'd agree with that. Not sure who i'd have drop out for Brown though. Matthews was everywhere today and threw in some great tackles. Byrne was almost back to his usual self. 

Totally agree, Matthews had Tait in his back pocket today and both he & Byrne worked well together to give Spencer no time on the ball, and as a result Falkirk created very very little.

Carrying on from last week's performance, excellent display (particularly defensively) against the form team in the division.

Aidan Connolly, Dylan Easton, Jack Hamilton and others looking way better under the new manager.

Wee bit disappointed Lewis Gibson hasn't got as many minutes on the park recently, hopefully his time will come.

Lost opportunity for both sets of fans not to start a collective stand up if you hate the pars chant.. probably my only other gripe on the day 🙂

6 minutes ago, anonionanawnoo said:

Carrying on from last week's performance, excellent display (particularly defensively) against the form team in the division.

Aidan Connolly, Dylan Easton, Jack Hamilton and others looking way better under the new manager.

Wee bit disappointed Lewis Gibson hasn't got as many minutes on the park recently, hopefully his time will come.

Agree with this.

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Hope McGlynn is doing a lot of hand flapping in his post match interview, wouldn't be the same without it. 

Well there wasn't a lot of hand flapping but he looks genuinely gutted. Good. 

Edited by Raithie

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Well there wasn't a lot of hand flapping but he looks genuinely gutted. Good. 

I can't make up my mind if he's gutted or really annoyed/mad at the fact that it has happened against the Rovers or at Stark's Park, or possibly something else completely different. He seemed to be thinking and choosing his words very carefully when replying to the questions.

49 minutes ago, embow said:

I can't make up my mind if he's gutted or really annoyed/mad at the fact that it has happened against the Rovers or at Stark's Park, or possibly something else completely different. He seemed to be thinking and choosing his words very carefully when replying to the questions.

F**k him I am glad we were the ones to do it , no way was he getting a round of applause from me, I get some folk won’t agree with me but imo he was never going to renew his contract with us after what happened and he ran away and left Murray to pick up the pieces. I get I will get a few reds for this but seeing the ex players, Berra etc it felt sweet at the end