The New Raith Rovers Thread

Guest Dunc?

An utterly ridiculous thought has just struck me.

If (when) Livingston go into administration, they'll be looking to shed players by the barrowload.

Would you take Armand Oné back at Stark's Park? I would.

An utterly ridiculous thought has just struck me.

If (when) Livingston go into administration, they'll be looking to shed players by the barrowload.

Would you take Armand Oné back at Stark's Park? I would.

Absolutely not.

Seriously man, give us some suggestions.

You've put me on the spot, ok. What i mean is, it hasn't stopped McG before, ala Kieron Renton.

Here is a suggestion, i'd like to see Callum Elliot sign as the loanee striker or the return of Kevin Smith.

We've no chance of Callum Elliot. He'd started to force his way into the Hearts team at the end of last season, they'll be wanting him there to push for a starting place. I think Gary Glen is the feasible option if we get a loan striker from Hearts. Either that, or someone that no-one has heard of.

As for Armand One, just no.

Fair impressed with our new boys today.

Starting line-up:

McGurn - Once again pulled off one of the best saves I've ever witnessed. I'm certain his vision works in slow motion like a fly's.

Wilson - Solid as ever without doing anything spectacular.

Campbell - Big Sparky had a nice afternoon stroll in Starks Park. Don't think he lost one challenge.

Murray - Like Campbell, Murray had an easy afternoon and looks more than capable of doing a good job for us.

Ellis - Nothing much to do.

Smith - Went past defenders at will and put a few fantastic, tempting crosses in. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Simmons - Couple of nice touches here and there. Always looking for the killer ball, could be a real asset this season.

Walker - Kept it simple without doing anything spectacular.

Williamson - Like Smith, Williamson was going past defenders with ease and he took his two goals well.

Tade - Looked good. Should have scored quite early in the first half but tried to round the 'keeper and the 'keeper ended up making the save. Left the pitch with the Raith fans quite impressed I feel.

Weir - Usual Graham Weir, chasing down lost causes and winning headers that you never think he's got a chance at.

There was also a trialist at left back who had a solid match and Mark Whatley, Tam Graham and Lee Bryce all gave good accounts of themselves. Whatley showed some good touches and some well thought passes, Tam Graham fair let the opposition know he was there and Lee Bryce looked very good when he came on. I reckon we'll see a lot of him this season.

Fair impressed with our new boys today.

Starting line-up:

McGurn - Once again pulled off one of the best saves I've ever witnessed. I'm certain his vision works in slow motion like a fly's.

Wilson - Solid as ever without doing anything spectacular.

Campbell - Big Sparky had a nice afternoon stroll in Starks Park. Don't think he lost one challenge.

Murray - Like Campbell, Murray had an easy afternoon and looks more than capable of doing a good job for us.

Ellis - Nothing much to do.

Smith - Went past defenders at will and put a few fantastic, tempting crosses in. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Simmons - Couple of nice touches here and there. Always looking for the killer ball, could be a real asset this season.

Walker - Kept it simple without doing anything spectacular.

Williamson - Like Smith, Williamson was going past defenders with ease and he took his two goals well.

Tade - Looked good. Should have scored quite early in the first half but tried to round the 'keeper and the 'keeper ended up making the save. Left the pitch with the Raith fans quite impressed I feel.

Weir - Usual Graham Weir, chasing down lost causes and winning headers that you never think he's got a chance at.

There was also a trialist at left back who had a solid match and Mark Whatley, Tam Graham and Lee Bryce all gave good accounts of themselves. Whatley showed some good touches and some well thought passes, Tam Graham fair let the opposition know he was there and Lee Bryce looked very good when he came on. I reckon we'll see a lot of him this season.

I thought that was Murray and the other trialist went on a CB?

Guest Dunc?

Like a fly? Nah, more like Michelle Ryan.

yes that was the case, Dougie Hill came on at CB and Murray moved out to left back.

yup thats the way i saw it as well. who were the young boys who came on for Tade and Williamson?

Tam Graham and Mark Whatley I believe.

cheers

good to see Renton getting his views across during the game, think it was a good 15second before the "change it mcglynn" was shouted :lol:

yes that was the case, Dougie Hill came on at CB and Murray moved out to left back.

Yep. I though Murray was good first half, although didn't look entirely comfortable at LB in the second. Despite my reservations on him, I was quite impressed with Hill when he came on. On that showing, either would be a good addition. We'll see how they get on against Norwich.

As for the signings, I though Darren Smith had a very good first half. Showed some skill and beat a few players. Shame he was subbed at HT, I'd have liked to have seen more of him. Tade showed quite a lot of pace and again beat a few players. He should have scored though. A pretty good showing all things considered. I didn't think Williamson had all that much to do apart from his goals. Got himself into a really good position for his second, well taken penalty too.

I don't think I really need to say much about the rest, we all know what to expect. Mark Campbell was rock solid today though, and McGurn had a fantastic save just before HT.

I assume Davidson is injured, seeing how he wasn't even in the squad?

I thought that was Murray and the other trialist went on a CB?

My mistake. I would wear my glasses if I didn't look like a prize c**t.

We dominated the game today. If the loan forward that we get in can get on the end of Smith and Williamsons crosses we'll be alright.

:lol: wish I'd been there to hear it.

was even funnier the fact there was piss all crowd (and no Airdie fans) so you could hear it clear as day :lol: also enjoyed the verbals Lovering was getting

cheers

good to see Renton getting his views across during the game, think it was a good 15second before the "change it mcglynn" was shouted :lol:

Actually it was during the training session pre kick off :lol:

A fairly decent eprformance from raith in any case. I'm a lot more confident about tade than I was, i think we can excuse him being a bit rusty in front of goal, remembering that he generally doesn't get played up front. Besides, when he burst through on goal the airdrie keeper did everything right and limited Tade's choices.

as for Smith, he certainly has that 'wow' factor, hopefully he'll keep that up.

Either of the trialists would fit in well alongside Campbell, although Hill semeed tob e the pacier of the two.

Was impressed by Simmons showing, was always tidy in possession, played some nice balls and generally got stuck in - hopefulyl he keeps it up.