The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think the squad have been brilliant this year. The only guy I could see getting freed is Weir. He isn't good enough for the 1st Division, as seen by his goals tally. I don't want Mole because he is as challenged as Weir in the goal scoring department.

Get back Kevin Smith who'll get us 10 a season in this league and knows the squad. He's no pace at all, I'm faster than him, so he probably won't make it at United, but he'll do for us. Failing that get him on a season long loan. In dreamland we would also get Casalinuovo back for a season loan, and the two of them would power us to the league title.

What's the gossip on possible forwards?

I can't help feeling that the Mark Campbell "story" is starting to look more and more like the plot of The Six Million Dollar Man.

A man, an astronaut enormous centre back, cut down in his prime by a devastating air car crash, leaving him "barely alive".

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Mark Campbell will be that man.

We can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster", but just call him Martyn.

I think the squad have been brilliant this year. The only guy I could see getting freed is Weir. He isn't good enough for the 1st Division, as seen by his goals tally. I don't want Mole because he is as challenged as Weir in the goal scoring department.

Get back Kevin Smith who'll get us 10 a season in this league and knows the squad. He's no pace at all, I'm faster than him, so he probably won't make it at United, but he'll do for us. Failing that get him on a season long loan. In dreamland we would also get Casalinuovo back for a season loan, and the two of them would power us to the league title.

What's the gossip on possible forwards?

Smith is too old to be allowed on season-long loan.

Smith is too old to be allowed on season-long loan.

Damn those blazers and their rules! We'll just have to wait until United free him.

What is the age limit for season long loans?

What is the time limit for loans of older players?

Edited by Scary Bear

Damn those blazers and their rules! We'll just have to wait until United free him.

What is the age limit for season long loans?

What is the time limit for loans of older players?

can probably see that happening or a deal (nudge nudge wink wink, dodgy handshake) being done as he is getting no where near the 1st team

Yoss did the Rovers ever thank you/give you anything, for discovering the 'Grant Murray loophole' ?

Empty your fekin inbox :D

Tried to Pm you WB but get a message "The member cannot receive any new messages"..

Sent you an email instead

Empty your fekin inbox :D

Tried to Pm you WB but get a message "The member cannot receive any new messages"..

Sent you an email instead

In box emptied, a fair few from you discussing Rovers finances over the years, and the lack of an AGM.

Some things never change :lol:

In box emptied, a fair few from you discussing Rovers finances over the years, and the lack of an AGM.

Some things never change :lol:

:lol:

And unlikely to

Tried sending the PM again but still getting the same error message..You`ll just have to read your emails

I heard today - hardly from a cast-iron source I'll admit - that Dave McGurn is off to Partick. Anyone else heard anything?

If it's true, I think I might weep.

McGlynn say's he's spoke to everyone he wants to and things are at an advanced stage. I would imagine McGlynn has obviously held positive talks with McGurn. Hopefully he stays at the Rovers! :D

I heard today - hardly from a cast-iron source I'll admit - that Dave McGurn is off to Partick. Anyone else heard anything?

I heard the same on Wednesday but don't know if there's any truth in it.

Yeah, I'll be absolutely gutted if McGurn leaves as well. Someone on FannyTalk reckons he's signed an extension with us, so there's rumours on both fronts. The strangest thing about all of this, is that this is the first time in a long time we've actually had a couple of players who other clubs might perceive as worth signing.

50 games is a ridiculous amount, especially in the twilight years of your career. It's testimony to how important Murray has been for us this year.

Ha! My heart stopped for a second there.

I think it'll probably just be people seeing that Tuffey is leaving Partick and McGurn works in Glasgow so are presuming they have gone for him. I'm pretty sure he's enjoying his time here and if we're taking our squad up a level then the only reason he would leave is travel time as I doubt Partick can offer much improved wages.

Dave McGurn swept up at the player of the year awards.

Jamie Mackie received the Young Player of the Year from a terrified and sweaty Andy C.

I think Sloany is away though guys.

Was to be expected I guess. Good luck to him though. Any other player hunches?

Was to be expected I guess. Good luck to him though. Any other player hunches?

Didnae really hear much else, pal.

If I was Robert Sloan, I'd be on the phone to Alloa, and if I was Alloa, I'd be engaged, because I'm trying to phone Robert Sloan.

Alloa were mentioned in the conversation that I overheard in the bogs.