The New Raith Rovers Thread

Looks a bit like spence is off....

I thought that too but if you go into Spence's profile, someone asked if he was away and he says he's having a joke with Thompson and doesn't know what's happening yet.

I notice that Laidlaw has signed on for 2 years. Looks as if the plan is for McGurn to be signed as no 1 for next season then with Laidlaw pushing on in the 2nd year maybe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Delighted. Laidlaw has really come on this season and is now an able understudy to McGurn. He'll only improve.

Callachan has really impressed me in his appearances towards the end of the season and I suspect he will be a main midfielder next season.

Good signs so far. There seems to be a slightly more upbeat feel coming from the Murray this season. It used to be the doom and gloom of McGlynn stating how many cuts are being made and a small budget meaning little or no signings. Murray is coming across far more optimistic and using positive language. I especially liked his quote in the Press today that if players don't want to stay then there are plenty others out there looking for a contract.

Glad the youngesters are getting extentions, no issues with Laidlaw and Callaghan continuing in the team next season. As mentioned think McGurn will be number 1 next season with Laidlaw pushing him

Good signs so far. There seems to be a slightly more upbeat feel coming from the Murray this season. It used to be the doom and gloom of McGlynn stating how many cuts are being made and a small budget meaning little or no signings. Murray is coming across far more optimistic and using positive language. I especially liked his quote in the Press today that if players don't want to stay then there are plenty others out there looking for a contract.

I totally agree with this, Murray seems to know who and what he wants and has clearly got back up plans that don't just involve waiting until August and raiding hearts for loanees, he is correct their are plenty available decent affordable footballers this summer, so why sit and wait.

The problem with cardle was he is a proper attacking winger, who always wants the ball. Something our players weren't use to, so in his first two games was fairly quiet. Still a class act and well capable of changing a game, would be more than happy for him to re sign.

If yous do re-sign Cardle then you'll get 1 good game and then he'll go missing for 3 or 4 and then have a stormer again...and so on. However, he is one of the best wingers in the league (this season, anyway) and I think Raith would be a better team with him in it. A player like Graham, I know he's unlikely to be with yous next year, would thrive off Cardle, and to an extent your other winger - Anderson, if they got time over pre-season to work on things. Cardle got about 4 games with two of them being sub appearances; he's probably struggled to settle in as it'll be a whole new group of players' strengths and weaknesses to learn etc etc.

Cardle may not often beat his man down the line with sheer pace, and he may cut inside far too often, but he's got a good football brain, a good first touch and he can pick out a pass.

I'd be delighted if he signed up for next season but I expect him to end up somewhere like Dundee or Falkirk instead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app