The New Raith Rovers Thread

Spence was solid during his first season, but definitely didn't have the same impact in the second. He still pulled in ten goals, but in all honesty his mentality seemed to be a bit lacking at times, espcially after the miss against Annan. As I've said before, I get the feeling he's more interested in his nights out than football. If he heads off, I'd not be overly upset.

Its a great signing from out point of view, experienced player that will help balance out the midfield. Wouldn't be shocked to see him and Moon be the first choice pairing

Livi fan saying on their thread that Scott tended to be played on the right wing. Wonder if this is a sign that Anderson is away more so than Scott being signed to play centre mid?

Livi fan saying on their thread that Scott tended to be played on the right wing. Wonder if this is a sign that Anderson is away more so than Scott being signed to play centre mid?

Might just be that we know Scott can play in 2 positions so if Anderson does sign on we have cover for him as well or drop him if he's out of form

Might just be that we know Scott can play in 2 positions so if Anderson does sign on we have cover for him as well or drop him if he's out of form

Albeit I can't mind much about this guy at this stage I'd want to see him alongside Moon and bench Fox. Lot of competition in midfield at least.

Also gives us the numbers in midfield to shake things up for a 3-5-2, 4-5-1 obviously depending who we sign for left back/left mid

It actually all seems fairly positive so far. Gutted i was waiting with baited breath for the usual gems

"why iz it no tade?", "another midfielder? We need strikers", "why arent we giving youth a chance" (after complaining the squad isn't big enough..)

That's just a classic McGlynnism right there. To be fair, I don't think it does, I think we are still hoping Anderson stays, and if he doesn't, well bring in another winger. This gives us the option of playing a winger or compacting the midfield. It's exactly what we need, a bigger squad that'll give us more than one way of playing.

I'd still be hopeful of Anderson, a left winger, a left back and three strikers (or two plus Spence).

Hopefully bring in a decent striker! Peter McDonald staying at Dundee or has he been released? I remember Dundee fans saying that they didn't think he would be able to make the step-up for them..?