The New Raith Rovers Thread

I remember the boy wonder scoring that goal against us and I was impressed too given his age.

If he comes on loan to us he'll be 17 by the time the season starts and with a year in the division already under his belt he may not do too badly.

The 1st div might not be too much of a stretch but Paul Hartley obviously feels he's not ready for the SPL if he's looking to send him out for the season.

what's he like on the wing?

I'd be delighted with Wighton and Conroy. If Anderson does sign, and I think he will, and the two aforementioned I still think we'd be a wide player and full back short of a full squad. Perhaps a good old fashioned utility player is what we need, a jack of all trades, master of none. Even then I'd still like 3 out and out wingers at the club, they need competition and a pacey impact sub winger would be nice.

I remember the boy wonder scoring that goal against us and I was impressed too given his age.

If he comes on loan to us he'll be 17 by the time the season starts and with a year in the division already under his belt he may not do too badly.

The 1st div might not be too much of a stretch but Paul Hartley obviously feels he's not ready for the SPL if he's looking to send him out for the season.

what's he like on the wing?

Does'nt play on the wing, striker only.

If we're to loan Wighton, we'll be expecting him to be a regular starter I'd expect otherwise there'd be no point in allowing him out on loan. He's got the talent but he's still just only 16, I'm surprised Raith fans are so keen considering these facts as he'll float in and out of games at will.

understand what your saying but i`d be surprised if he`d be afforded or guaranteed a regular start.we have a talented player in vaughan who cant get a regular start and would much rather see that happening before giving a regular start to some other teams youngster

Would love to see Conroy sign, quality player. Don't know enough about Wighton to comment. Would like to see Murray sign Dale Hilson. On loan to Forfar and speaking to someone that has played with him, rates him highly and stated that he is very direct and quick. Can also play on the left or through the middle. Linked recently with Falkirk but apparently doesn't want to play for Houston.

I've also heard this about Hilson and apparently Murray looking at him.

He doesn't want to play for Falkirk after falling out with Houston when he was manager of Utd.

I really can't see the Wighton idea being a goer. I can understand Raith having interest, as we probably need another, preferably cheap forward, but he'd almost certainly start as our fourth choice.

Considering Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton could all use a forward, and he'd have a far better chance of game time at those clubs, I'm not sure why Hartley would offer him to ourselves. He would also presumably still train with Dundee if he joined one of the part-time teams, which I'd imagine would also appeal to Hartley.

Aside from that, from my understanding Wighton impressed in fits and starts last season, which is normally the case for someone so young, but in a far tougher league next season, I'm not quite so enamoured at the idea of him joining up with us.

I really can't see the Wighton idea being a goer. I can understand Raith having interest, as we probably need another, preferably cheap forward, but he'd almost certainly start as our fourth choice.

Considering Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton could all use a forward, and he'd have a far better chance of game time at those clubs, I'm not sure why Hartley would offer him to ourselves. He would also presumably still train with Dundee if he joined one of the part-time teams, which I'd imagine would also appeal to Hartley.

Aside from that, from my understanding Wighton impressed in fits and starts last season, which is normally the case for someone so young, but in a far tougher league next season, I'm not quite so enamoured at the idea of him joining up with us.

Wighton being linked with several teams. When he is on his game he is very good. His best game against Cowden was when he was up against McKeown who couldn't stop him.

Who do you think will be no 1 goalie McGurn or Cuthbert? I reckon McGurn will be the backup.

McGurn will take a while to get back to full fitness so Cuthbert will start as number one id think

The Greenock Telegraph states that we have held talks with Archie Campbell..

Not sure if we're still in talks with him or not but the article was published yesterday saying Campbell hadn't turned up for pre-season training with Morton and that it's known that Campbell has been in talks with us.