The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'll predict Jason Thomson to be the first bit of business. Get the captain signed up and take it from there is probably a move that any new manager would take.

I wonder if McKinnon will look to appoint a new captain. Someone like Barr would seem to be a decent option.

2 year contract as well rather than a 1 year, unusual for the Rovers dishing out 2 year contracts, ok he was our top scorer, but Vaughan was the key to many of his goals, doesn't Lewis only have 1 year left ?

Edited by manfaefife

2 year contract as well rather than a 1 year, unusual for the Rovers dishing out 2 year contracts, ok he was our top scorer, but Vaughan was the key to many of his goals, doesn't Lewis only have 1 year left ?

A two year deal does seem a bit much for someone who had done virtually nothing until February/March time. All the same I'm pleased to see him sign up for next season.

Would be a good piece of business if Vaughan's contract was extended for another year.

If Stewart and Vaughan can keep up their successful partnership then I'm happy enough to see Stewart re-signed. He just needs to keep banging in the goals at the rate him and Vaughan were. Maybe easier said than done.

A two year deal does seem a bit much for someone who had done virtually nothing until February/March time. All the same I'm pleased to see him sign up for next season.

Not all his fault really, him and Nade just didn't click as a partnership. Nade slows things down too much for Stewart - usually hanging off the last defender's shoulder - to be any use.

Apparently The Courier are saying the same. Not good - chips in with a decent number of goals and assists and is overall a good player for this level. Again though, our failure to make discernible progress has led to one of our better players leaving for a team we want to be competing with, and I can't blame him.

Happy to see Stewart sign, although not sure I'd have given him a two-year deal.

Edited by Michael W

Apparently The Courier are saying the same. Not good - chips in with a decent number of goals and assists and is overall a good player for this level. Again though, our failure to make discernible progress has led to one of our better players leaving for a team we want to be competing with, and I can't blame him.

Happy to see Stewart sign, although not sure I'd have given him a two-year deal.

Probably also one of our higher earners, so there's that.....