The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cardle would be an absolute standout at that level. He is inconsistent, but more than capable of doing it at this level. I'm surprised no one went in for him.

Would have to imagine he'll be taking a bit of a pay cut, though.

Cardle would be an absolute standout at that level. He is inconsistent, but more than capable of doing it at this level. I'm surprised no one went in for him.

Would have to imagine he'll be taking a bit of a pay cut, though.

he scored for the pars on Saturday

He did. Prior to signing with Alloa he was offered a deal at both Dunfermline and Livi the latter of which were out bidded by Alloa.

Dougie mentioned in local rag he was offered more money elsewhere, but wanted to stay in championship with Alloa.

I couldn't see Alloa offering close to £450 p/w for Hill. The chairman makes a big deal about sticking to budget.

We have a winner ;) That's the figure Dougie was offered from the Townies.

Reasonable. Although I doubt it would be a part time offer, it's been no secret Johnston isn't keen to sign part time players because he thinks it will upset the balance of the squad harmony.

I read somewhere in the last week or two that Livingston lost a player to Dunfermline because they couldn't match Dunfermline's wages.

Who would that be? We signed Talbot from them while they were unable to offer him a contract, I suppose you're technically true though because they couldn't match any offer at that time!

Either way I'd be shocked if Livi could offer more wages than us, we average higher crowds and have the centenary lifeline, with 1000 people pumping in 20 quid a month. The prize money from finishing at the bottom of the championship will not compensate for both of those factors.

It really wouldn't be a surprise if we had a bigger budget than Raith.

It really wouldn't be a surprise if we had a bigger budget than Raith.

It really wouldn't surprise me either considering you ran at a loss of £250,000 last season and we made another decent profit. Given your recent history, making a hefty loss is quite disgusting.

Dunfermline athletic wont ever learn, they badly need out of that league, and clearly the fans feel the same way many of them stating another season in league one and they wont be back, so this will be a massive season for them, yip their budget will always be greater than ours, does that bother me, not in the slightest, their fan base is greater than ours, does that bother me? Not in the slightest. They are in league one while we are in the championship, ? Does that bother me? Not in the slightest, but it does make me chuckle to see them punting heafty wages on average championship players, in a league that cowdenbeath will win.

Was in the evening news I think that Livvy wanted to keep fordyce and Talbot but couldn't get close to the pars offer

Aye, seing as they could offer nothing at the time if we'd offered them a fiver they would've been fucked.

It really wouldn't surprise me either considering you ran at a loss of £250,000 last season and we made another decent profit. Given your recent history, making a hefty loss is quite disgusting.

A budgeted loss, we had money in the in the bank, we budgeted to dip into that by about 250 grand, a total non story.

Why this has got you into such a state is anyone's guess.

Dunfermline athletic wont ever learn, they badly need out of that league, and clearly the fans feel the same way many of them stating another season in league one and they wont be back, so this will be a massive season for them, yip their budget will always be greater than ours, does that bother me, not in the slightest, their fan base is greater than ours, does that bother me? Not in the slightest. They are in league one while we are in the championship, ? Does that bother me? Not in the slightest, but it does make me chuckle to see them punting heafty wages on average championship players, in a league that cowdenbeath will win.

Good job it doesn't bother you, the past page though has been full of Raith fans talking about the Pars wage budget, evidently annoys someone.

Was in the evening news I think that Livvy wanted to keep fordyce and Talbot but couldn't get close to the pars offer

Aye, seing as they could offer nothing at the time if we'd offered them a fiver they would've been fucked.

A budgeted loss, we had money in the in the bank, we budgeted to dip into that by about 250 grand, a total non story.

Why this has got you into such a state is anyone's guess.

Good job it doesn't bother you, the past page though has been full of Raith fans talking about the Pars wage budget, evidently annoys someone.

They couldn't register players, but they could make offers pending the resolution of it - and were actively doing so.