The New Raith Rovers Thread

In former wee-team player news, Jojo Cardle has returned to the lower league team along the road from you guys.

He'll rip that league up for arsepaper. After all, you saw what he did to The Pars in the diddy cup, the year we won it. Put you boys to the sword. He seemed to enjoy it too.

He'll rip that league up for arsepaper. After all, you saw what he did to The Pars in the diddy cup, the year we won it. Put you boys to the sword. He seemed to enjoy it too.

Course he enjoyed it, he always enjoys playing in a big teams stadium.

Evidently must have been Raiths star man judging how they surrendered the cup in the first round the following year.

Evidently must have been Raiths star maen judging how they surrendered the cup in the first round the following year.

Oh I feel so sorry for you. It seems to me you don't have an interesting living. Your big team argument is futile. We are the top football team in fife. We may have lost our cup all too easily a year later but at least we won it the year before ????.

Bye bye

In former wee-team player news, Jojo Cardle has returned to the lower league team along the road from you guys.

Townies just never learn, still buying there way to the promised land tut tut. Okay you didn't buy him, but where are you getting the money to cover his wages. Before you back into admin again, just remember to pay their wages. Edited by baillieinleeds

Evidently must have been Raiths star man judging how they surrendered the cup in the first round the following year.

If he enjoys playing in a big teams stadium, then he's picked the wrong league.

Still, I'm sure he'll help The Pars improve on 7th place in the seaside league. 4th place perhaps?

Reading Twitter the townies begging for Cardle to sign, Don't see what all the fuss is about its showed he was well out his depth in the SPL and he's such a big star that it has took weeks for him to sign for a 1st division club. Incidentally it has been hinted that we fell to pieces when Cardle left the Rovers you will find we finished higher up in the league and reached the Scottish quarters again not bad for a wee team.

Anyway don't worry about the wee team we are doing just fine

Cardle will tear it up in that league. He's a limited player, but he plays best when he's full of confidence, and he'll have that in spades next season, with the knowledge he's almost certainly the best player in the league, with the fans' full support. I'll be amazed if he doesn't reach double figures for goals and assists.

Obviously he's not going to come cheap, but if you take the Dunfermline board at face value, they're putting a lot of effort into their budgeting post-Masterton. I'd imagine even the most died in the wool Par has to raise their eyebrows a little when they're talking about making signings like Cardle and Davidson in League One. I understand they've had pretty strong season ticket sales, but that'll only stretch so far. Last season saw a 'budgeted loss' - are the club's reserves able to withstand another one? I'd be interested to know what the contingency plan is if they don't win promotion.

That said, if they don't win the league at a canter, I'd be astounded. It's a risky game to play, though. A couple of bad injuries and you've got a millstone instead of a game changer. Sincerely hope that doesn't happen though, all the Pars fans I know are decent guys.

It's a bit misleading to say Cardle only turned it on in the big games.

He scored 8 goals for us, 1 v Stirling Albion, 1 v Queens Park, 1 v Cowdenbeath, 2 v Alloa, 1 v Hamilton, 1 v Q.O.S and 1 v St. Johnstone in the Scottish Cup. Other than the St. Johnstone game, none were big matches or on the TV.

He also had 12 assists in 49 matches, which although reasonable, would have been far more if he was producing chances for strikers who were more prolific finishers than Smith, Spence and latterly Baird.

The cup-tie Cradle moniker kind of stuck after the Hibs match, where he was excellent and laid on two of the goals, but I doubt his pre-game thoughts were along the lines of, "I better try a lot harder today, because the game might be the first one on Sportscene the night."

I always found it odd that fans would use Cardle's good performances to use as a stick to beat him up with. I'm not denying he's limited, he doesn't appear to be good enough for the top-tier, he doesn't help out his left-back enough, and is inconsistent, plus his label of being a "one trick pony" isn't a million miles from the truth, but in his defence, it's a pretty decent trick.

For a variety of reasons, Rovers are currently a team who appear to be capable of really good moments, rather than really good seasons, and Cardle was involved in one or two of those moments during his time at Stark's Park, so good luck to him.

I'll still be booing him if we come up against them in the next season or two, mind.

Edited by McGuigan1978

Cardle will tear it up in that league. He's a limited player, but he plays best when he's full of confidence, and he'll have that in spades next season, with the knowledge he's almost certainly the best player in the league, with the fans' full support. I'll be amazed if he doesn't reach double figures for goals and assists.

Obviously he's not going to come cheap, but if you take the Dunfermline board at face value, they're putting a lot of effort into their budgeting post-Masterton. I'd imagine even the most died in the wool Par has to raise their eyebrows a little when they're talking about making signings like Cardle and Davidson in League One. I understand they've had pretty strong season ticket sales, but that'll only stretch so far. Last season saw a 'budgeted loss' - are the club's reserves able to withstand another one? I'd be interested to know what the contingency plan is if they don't win promotion.

That said, if they don't win the league at a canter, I'd be astounded. It's a risky game to play, though. A couple of bad injuries and you've got a millstone instead of a game changer. Sincerely hope that doesn't happen though, all the Pars fans I know are decent guys.

Surely Cardle and Davo aren't that pricey? Dunfermline in League One surely would be able to match the part time teams in the First Division and keep within budgetary constraints. Unless either player is planning to move down south, they really haven't got many options that would lead you to think that they are being offered that much.