The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well no, because Petrie covers Left Mid and Left back also and has played a number of games at this level and the one below as opposed to Matthews who has 1 senior start and needs experience.

There is money left for at least 1 striker and possibly a loan too. Dare I say, strength in depth...

Well no, because Petrie covers Left Mid and Left back also and has played a number of games at this level and the one below as opposed to Matthews who has 1 senior start and needs experience.

There is money left for at least 1 striker and possibly a loan too. Dare I say, strength in depth...

Well, you might dare, but first and foremost....

Surely has to be Davo, or worse, Black LOL ...

Serious though, I really enjoyed Davo's time at us, probably 1 of the few who really liked him, and I would be happy if its him IF we didn't already have 45874389573 midfielders and a solid backline once everyone is fit (Toshney & Bene probably looked one of the best pairings I had seen here in a long time, then Barrs to come back with a 2 year deal and Bates is there to, we definitely don't need another CB) ...

It reeks of a "Ross Perry" last second deal like last season and I'm never a fan of these late dealings ! However I suppose whoever it is I'll still get behind, feel its important we really do try get behind everyone this season :)

Can only assume McKinnon wants to play 3-5-2 sooner rather than later, and isn't prepared to wait for Barr coming back or to play Bates there regularly.

Really not happy about this. Completely at conflict with everything McKinnon has said and done since arriving... young players, hungry players, good footballing players, give our own youth a chance, passing, movement....

With four centre halves (Benedictus, Toshney, Barr, Bates) and five CM's (McCord, Callachan, Craigen, Petrie, Matthews), I can't think of a single reason to sign anyone in that position let alone Davidson.

McKinnon was always going to sign an older player, wasnt taking the chance of keeping. Youthful squad, with all our grumpy unhappy at everything fans, Davo is a good signing, still has a lot to offer, has experience, can play in couple of positions so goes by mckinnons status of having a utility squad, don't think bates is fully ready for a full season. But he will only get better, Davo toshney and Benedictus as a back 3 would be good for us.

People forget Davo was at us when we were at our worked, and slowly getting better only to get worse again, and was an easy target for abuse due to him being local. The lad took endless amounts of shit from key folks only to still come back to us.

Good singing in my opinion, but haters going to hate eh!

Stick to my statement above ... I like him & enjoyed his time here, but he's not what we need ...

We have 2 fit Strikers, 1 of which could well leave in Jan leaving us with 1 Striker ... There is absolutely 0 reason to use a Wage on ANOTHER CM/CB ... But hey, lets get behind the team I suppose, still a very weird signing ...

I'm no davo lover but he did go onto albeit slightlybigger and better things last time round.

We have to assume that he was the best option for what we were after.

Let's just hope he has calmed down with the pointless lunges and needless bookings.

Truly baffling signing. We've got plenty of midfielders. Sure, he can cover at centre back but we're only going to be missing Bene for a week and Toshney is ahead of schedule. Up top we're missing Vaughan for the rest of the season. Am I right in saying that Dumbarton fans said Megginson looked at his best up top?

Truly baffling signing. We've got plenty of midfielders. Sure, he can cover at centre back but we're only going to be missing Bene for a week and Toshney is ahead of schedule. Up top we're missing Vaughan for the rest of the season. Am I right in saying that Dumbarton fans said Megginson looked at his best up top?

Toshney ahead of schedule??

Hes in the starting lineup today..

McKinnon was always going to sign an older player, wasnt taking the chance of keeping. Youthful squad, with all our grumpy unhappy at everything fans, Davo is a good signing, still has a lot to offer, has experience, can play in couple of positions so goes by mckinnons status of having a utility squad, don't think bates is fully ready for a full season. But he will only get better, Davo toshney and Benedictus as a back 3 would be good for us.

People forget Davo was at us when we were at our worked, and slowly getting better only to get worse again, and was an easy target for abuse due to him being local. The lad took endless amounts of shit from key folks only to still come back to us.

Good singing in my opinion, but haters going to hate eh!

Agreed. Same fannies that moan week in, week out on this, they'll never be happy. We will still bring in a striker on loan. My guess is shankland from Aberdeen.

Missing the game today because on holiday but fancy us to sneak a 2-1 win. Stewart and Anderson with the goals.