The New Raith Rovers Thread

Are you suggesting Wighton could play as a winger? Because he couldn't. If not, do you mean as an AM? If so, two of them wouldn't work, not least because Stewart doesn't have that position in him.

What I was meaning was Wighton playing off in the number 10 role with Stewart and Daly up ahead. Effectively a 4-3-1-2 formation. Not saying it would necessarily work but it's just a suggestion.

By the sounds of it though McKinnon is going to look to rotate the 3 of them and it gives us an attacking option off the bench, something which only Megginson has been able to offer so far this season.

Regardless of the outcome tonight, I'm absolutely buzzing for Saturday! However I'll be even more excited if we get the W tonight. It's a hard game at hand, and I think it'll be very very close - Daly off the bench with the winner, 2-1. Fingers crossed!

Is Bene suspended for tonight? I'm not sure if his ban is just league games...?

There's always the option to go Daly up top with Stewart and Wighton playing off them and then 3 in the middle like we did against Albion. Would mean having to rely heaving on full backs getting up and down to provide width but could always be an option.

Are you suggesting Wighton could play as a winger? Because he couldn't. If not, do you mean as an AM? If so, two of them wouldn't work, not least because Stewart doesn't have that position in him.

What I was meaning was Wighton playing off in the number 10 role with Stewart and Daly up ahead. Effectively a 4-3-1-2 formation. Not saying it would necessarily work but it's just a suggestion.

Ok ok I'll accept the position of new First Team coach.

Knew the 3 of them could play together!

What the hell is happening to my club? Comfortable home league wins, organised defences, Cuthbert wonder saves, positive match winning substitutions, a threat from set pieces, passing football!!

Cannot wait for Saturday after tonight. Hope there is a good Rovers support there.

A couple of hundred more at each home game wouldn't go amiss either.

Watching Kyle's interview it shows what spirit we now have at the club. If not seen that dressing room Buzz since the the first era of Jimmy Nicholl. The lads are loving the football and the club. It's so exciting and hands down it credit to Ray. What a coup our board have pulled off. They deserve a lot of credit!!

Obviously still very early days, but so far so good. Hopefully continue this trend, and as mentioned before a few extra 100 fans each week will benefit the club in more ways than one.

I know it's difficult for the club, but it's prices like last night that will help entice fans back as well as the good product on the park, not like the £18 against Alloa (everyone should've just bought a season ticket - problem solved haha (it's a whole for the UK that football is ridiculously overpriced)).

I woke up this morning still buzzing from last night, i genuinely can't wait until Saturday! And according to the beeb, the sun is due out most of the day also.

Obviously still very early days, but so far so good. Hopefully continue this trend, and as mentioned before a few extra 100 fans each week will benefit the club in more ways than one.

I know it's difficult for the club, but it's prices like last night that will help entice fans back as well as the good product on the park, not like the £18 against Alloa (everyone should've just bought a season ticket - problem solved haha (it's a whole for the UK that football is ridiculously overpriced)).

I woke up this morning still buzzing from last night, i genuinely can't wait until Saturday! And according to the beeb, the sun is due out most of the day also.

Unfortunately, last night's prices will only lose the club a lot of money in the long term. If our prices drop 50%, we need 50% more fans to simply break even. That won't happen, sadly.

What we can hope for is that some of the games where we put on cheaper prices, is that we play well and preferably win (last night is a good example). Maybe the enjoyment will encourage more people to come on a regular basis. Even an extra 200 a week could make a big difference to a club like us, in terms of what we can potentially offer players to sign for us.

Looks like there's a good feeling down Starks way...

Nobody's getting carried away but you'd have to be Rovers fan to understand the difference this season from what we had to suffer under Grant Murray.

It's just good to be looking forward to watching us again.

Listened to Bene's interview there and his enthusiasm is exactly what we're feeling like as fans just now. The next 2 games will be very tough and the expectation would normally be for us to come out of those games with zero points but I think we'll give Hibs an extremely tough game and a point at least shouldn't be out the questions. Then anything from Ibrox is just a bonus.