The New Raith Rovers Thread

McGurn will always be my favourite goalkeeper, however situations change, and players move on. What everyone should be focussing on now is getting behind the club and Ray.

I really hope we see McGurn play for us once again, but it won't be this season, so that's that.

Least Tade keeps on giving....

From Davie's point of view, I'm glad he's going to be playing every week, he's too good not to be. It's the best thing for him while Cuthbert is currently providing the goods for us. At least is something goes wrong he can be recalled, going by the statement on the website.

McGlynn, Murray and McKinnon have all had obvious reservations about the starting XI having a part time goalkeeper.

They can't all be wrong I'd imagine, as much as it pains me to say it.

McGlynn and Murray were both left with egg on their face.

It does make sense given McGurn isn't playing, but takes nothing away from the fact we have just loaned out our best goalkeeper. It does also feel that he is almost being put out to pasture as well.

First negative reaction for me this season ... Horrendous move, one that not only makes it look as though the board signed him just to make season ticket money off us (which is a horrible way to look at the fans), but it now looks as though Daveys time with us is done ... Not happy at all.

Dont get me wrong, Cuthbert has been good and should be #1 at the minute, but McGurn should be at least benched, I'm now thinking Rays "thanks fans" speech earlier was simply to try cool the reactions this news will get ...

But is it fair to then have McGurn sit on the bench all season and travelling through from his west coast home? Nobody wants a great player to leave but as unfair as it has been in the past for McGurn to be dropped it was be extremely unfair on Cuthbert just now who has been in great form. It's a move which makes sense for all parties and I have no doubt this is not the last we'll see of him.

As for the board there's no doubt his new contact was to appease us but how could anyone have predicted (a) who we'd then get in as manager, and (b) how pre-season training would go.

I for one have always had a soft spot for Stranraer and was disappointed not to see them come up last season. Hopefully Davie does well for them.

By the sounds of it as well if either Cuthbert or Laidlaw are injured then he'll be recalled.

A potential own goal, if Cuthbert returns to anything like the form of last season McKinnon is on a hiding to nothing.

Would've thought it'd make sense to get Laidlaw game time? The big thing holding him back is confidence, which is only going to come with experience..

Appreciate McGurn may have wanted first team games though. Such a strange situation, really hope he plays for us again or I'll probably post a video of myself crying on YouTube.

We'll struggle to have a keeper who emulates McGurn. Sadly, I can see the reasoning behind it. Unfortunately, McGurn isn't immortal (or full time) and while he'll always remain a club legend there was always going to be a transition period where we'd have to go for a new goalkeeper to replace him.

First negative reaction for me this season ... Horrendous move, one that not only makes it look as though the board signed him just to make season ticket money off us (which is a horrible way to look at the fans), but it now looks as though Daveys time with us is done ... Not happy at all.

This.

It seems it was clear ploy by the board to get season tickets sales up without any forward thinking.

McGlynn, Murray and McKinnon have all had obvious reservations about the starting XI having a part time goalkeeper.

They can't all be wrong I'd imagine, as much as it pains me to say it.

Well McGlynn and Murray clearly were. Disappointing move, even if it was predictable. Cuthbert has been fine so far but he's got a long way to go to convince that he can maintain this standard the way McGurn did.

A potential own goal, if Cuthbert returns to anything like the form of last season McKinnon is on a hiding to nothing.

To be fair to Cuthbert he has 2 or 3 games at the start of the season then got injured. He then didn't play again until April so had had no or very little game time. I think perhaps only Vaughan came out of the final few matches unscathed so bit harsh to pin Cuthbert down as being the standard he showed at the end of the season.

He's started this season excellent and has shown in past years how good a keeper he is. I have faith that he'll do very well this season for us

Message from the Manager

Friday 28th August 2015

To all our Supporters,

On behalf of my backroom staff and all the players, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the fantastic backing we have received of late. I am thrilled that we managed to record two home victories this week including a tremendous cup win against premiership Hamilton Accies, and we now go in with confidence to our next two difficult away ties at Hibs and Rangers. The fans both against Alloa and Hamilton were really superb, and the players have commented how much of a lift it gave them. We are all pulling in the same direction and I am delighted that you all are supporting us every step of the way. Thank You

From the rovers digest email. Refreshing to hear how the management team and the players are enjoying the backing from the fans. Ray McKinnon really starting to bring the feel good factor back to Starks Park. Long may it continue

Anyone else find they only receive the Rovers digest email sporadically? I get the odd spell where I receive the email then go a couple of months without receiving anything.

This.

It seems it was clear ploy by the board to get season tickets sales up without any forward thinking.

It clearly was this. While I'm disappointed to see Davie go it looks like a fairly astute decision from McKinnon. Keeps McGurn match fit incase we need him and if he's at Stranraer then maybe not playing McGurn becomes less of an issue for fans?