The New Raith Rovers Thread

Good to see we have a strategy. Well done to the club. Some parts are a bit vague, though, like be the best we can be.

However, trying to grow the fanbase of core support to 2500-3000 by 2019 seems ambitious. Assuming that by core support, we mean getting 2500 home support to 2500 on a regulars basis.

Edited by Scary Bear

Jumping up 1000 in support over the next four years in particular stands out as being ambitious but at the same time we definitely have the population in the surrounding area. It's been discussed to death, but Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes hardly have the most booming job markets and people frequently comment about the cost. However, it will be interesting to see the impact if McKinnon can develop what is a young but talented team over the next few years.

Also, McKinnon saying that we're looking at Danny Galbraith who is going to be training with us with Bates going on loan.

Wiki says he is a winger, also, I hope his impressive goal tally (3) weren't own goals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Galbraith

McKinnon obviously didn't get the memo.

As far as sending Bates on loan goes, I think that would be a mistake. I'd sooner we punted Barr out on loan instead.

This lot will take him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donard_Hospital_F.C.

Also, McKinnon saying that we're looking at Danny Galbraith who is going to be training with us with Bates going on loan.

Is that the boy that played for Hibs a few year back? If I remember rightly Murray was also looking at him last summer but ended up bringing Conroy in instead.

Thought we had run out of budget? Id find it a bit strange if sending an 18 year old youth player on loan is able to save enough money for a first team player.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Eh? What possible purpose would that serve?

You're honestly the most contrary c**t sometimes.

Is Barr still injured?

I'd rather keep a promising young player in Bates than an injury prone player in Barr. I'd be looking to punt Barr ASAP. I'd also be looking to play Bates as much as possible for our team. However, if the manager thinks a loan spell would be more beneficial for his development then so be it.

We have Toshney and Benedictus now with Bates and Davo for Back up. Barr may be surplus to requirements.

Eh? What possible purpose would that serve?

You're honestly the most contrary c**t sometimes.

Barr goes out on loan till the end of the year to get some fitness up. We continue to use Bates until then and we can then get Barr back match fit in January. Then Bates can go out on loan for the second half of the season to get additional experience.

Is that the boy that played for Hibs a few year back? If I remember rightly Murray was also looking at him last summer but ended up bringing Conroy in instead.

Thought we had run out of budget? Id find it a bit strange if sending an 18 year old youth player on loan is able to save enough money for a first team player.

McKinnon says in his interview that we are expecting Galbraith in for training but that as things stand we have no money to sign him.

Pleased with that.

Focus, ambition but controlled.

Im sure the board will have their own detailed strategy document that will be very dry and dull that will have the specifics in it, you dont publish stuff like that on a club website.