The New Raith Rovers Thread

I never for a minute suggested that i didnt also enjoy being at alloa cowden morton etc as they ate old fashioned proper stadiums, but surely when these cup games come along, its surely meant to be something the fans and players are meant to enjoy? The current squad and manager deserve a decent turn out regardless!

£15 to watch yer team play against Scottish footballs champions, playing in a stadium made for football, for one game we get to watch the rovers in a stadium built for purpose

That's exactly the type of response you'd expect from a Celtic or Rangers fan.

I don't think Parkhead or Ibrox are anything to shout home about.

A stadium made for football? Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, San Siro, Amsterdam Arena all fit that bill, not Parkhead or Ibrox.

In saying that I will be there to support the rovers as I am at every game whether its down to Dumfries or just across to cowdenbeath/Alloa.

I'm more excited about our next 3 league games though than Parkhead.

Just how many pillars are there at Parkhead? Everyone who speaks about games there always seems to have been stuck behind one.

When we played there last time (4-0 defeat, Hooper got all four), i'd say about 1/3 of the seats were restricted. It was right in the middle of the park and it was a travesty how many times we would go into the blocked view with the ball and Celtic would reappear with it. I was convinced there was some form of foul play at work.

When we played there last time (4-0 defeat, Hooper got all four), i'd say about 1/3 of the seats were restricted. It was right in the middle of the park and it was a travesty how many times we would go into the blocked view with the ball and Celtic would reappear with it. I was convinced there was some form of foul play at work.

I seem to remember Allan Walker scoring one? Or did I imagine that celebration?

But aye, the pillars were shite and the chairs were all broken. Much prefer matches at Easter Road or Tynecastle. Not going to this one, but I'll be in London keeping and aye on the twatter feed. Not too broken up about it either.

I seem to remember Allan Walker scoring one? Or did I imagine that celebration?

But aye, the pillars were shite and the chairs were all broken. Much prefer matches at Easter Road or Tynecastle. Not going to this one, but I'll be in London keeping and aye on the twatter feed. Not too broken up about it either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19632469

I won't make Parkhead but not too diappointed. I was there a few seasons ago in the Cup when we lost 4-1 and, apart from Walker's goal, the most entertaining part was seeing a wee ned lose the plot after being wound up by some of our fans and then trying to start a fight with the steward before being dragged out kicking and screaming.

Wednesday night is all about getting a wee pay day. Saturday's match is much more important for me. I've been to Parkhead too many times to remember and I think I can only ever recall seeing us take 1 point on my visits there....a 0-0 midweek draw in 1995.

I see it's live on Celtic TV anyway so surely will be able to find a link somewhere to watch it.

For those at the game on Friday, the full game is on iplayer. I just had a flick through, but there is about a five minute interview with Ray Mac at half time from a 'behind the scenes' angle from last week against Queens. Half time and full time changing room action! Very interesting watch.

For those at the game on Friday, the full game is on iplayer. I just had a flick through, but there is about a five minute interview with Ray Mac at half time from a 'behind the scenes' angle from last week against Queens. Half time and full time changing room action! Very interesting watch.

I watched it the other day, and you're right, it's quality. Alba really are only let down by the fact they broadcast in a daft language. Their half time packages are excellent.

(I don't agree with all the criticism that it's become routine to throw at Murray, and while I'm happy with the way things are looking, I also think it's much too early to judge whether McKinnon represents an improvement. But I can't be arsed getting into a discussion about it.)

(I don't agree with all the criticism that it's become routine to throw at Murray, and while I'm happy with the way things are looking, I also think it's much too early to judge whether McKinnon represents an improvement. But I can't be arsed getting into a discussion about it.)

:lol:

The difference is utterly huge.

:lol:

The difference is utterly huge.

Clocks haven't gone back yet.

I'd agree it does look like a lot of things are better, defensive organisation, fitness, a willingness to change up a system and even trying to play it more through the middle and being less dependent on wing play. Bare in mind though, that Murray's second season included an 18 game unbeaten streak that left us third in the table and actually within touching distance of the top before it went to shit on him. Granted, it was his responsibility to pull us out of that nose dive, and he largely didn't - still though, it's early days.

What's with the brackets? What was your main point?

Murray's interviews were excruciating. Surely even someone as reasonable as you can acknowledge that. Did you get anything from his interviews? Did they make you warm to him? Were they informative?

On our actual league form. Murray had us in a diddy cup final and 2nd (or was it 3rd) in the league at Christmas 2013. In general if you look at league position under Murray we were always lower mid-table. He did well in the cups too. But I'm not sad he's gone.

Come the end of January we'll have a better idea how we're doing under Ray.

Edited by Scary Bear