The New Raith Rovers Thread

anything but a wild suggestion me thinks and dont think its too soon for anybody to be looking at him....however

It's football so anything can happen, but it'd be a huge gamble for Utd wouldn't it? Having said that, I've just had a look at the table, didn't realise they were second bottom, they may well take a gamble, so you could well be right! I'll get ma coat etc.

Saying "it's a gamble" doesn't mean much as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a safe pair of hands out there at the moment.

McIntyre at Ross County? They're flying just now. Allan Johnston has the P*** competing again and is experienced. There's others out there apart from Ray.

With our excellent start and in particular our solidity at home we look like we are going to be closer to the play offs than worrying about relegation. So I had a look to see how likely this was in terms of how many points you 'should' need.

Looking back over the last five seasons. Anywhere from 48 to 56 points have been enough to ensure a fourth place finish at least.

So 14/15 points per quarter gives you 56/60. Form would suggest that would be enough to finish in a play off spot.

So far we have 15 (potentially 18) in the first quarter so have hit the first target, if you like.

Depending on our result against Morton we would need to win 4 or 5 in our second quarter to be 'on target'.

Basically, any team that manages to have around 30 points or more by the end of 18 games is in a fantastic position.

So, out of our 10 games until the end of quarter 2 I would be quite optimistic we could win 4 or 5. If so we would be 'on target' going on previous campaigns.

What does everyone think? Out side shot? Decent chance? Good chance? Very good chance?

My view is that we have a good chance. Again our manger, team spirit, defence, early home form are the major factors for me. Our small squad means that some external factors could hinder us, mainly: more injuries (although hoping we've had our share this year) and lots of postponed games meaning a fixture pile up. A bit of luck in that respect and I maintain the view we have a good chance of fourth. That said, this league is so tight a few bad results or ill luck good see us struggling quickly. I hope that's not the case... It will be an interesting season, especially after seeing how things stand come Christmas.

We have a fair chance if we can keep up the consistency.In seasons gone by, this has proved to be a significant problem and we've encountered prolonged slumps in form after a promising start. The clocks going back is a bad time around Kirkcaldy way.

Eliminating the prolonged slumps in form is the key to finishing high this season. That we could not mount a credible challenge for the play-offs the last two seasons was particularly frustrating, and it's what I'm hoping for this time around. Obviously I'll be delighted if we made them, but if we fall just short I'll be content enough as it demonstrates progress is being made.

I think it's still no more than an outside chance. The last three games could've gone either way. We have lost a bit of the attacking edge we had earlier in the season (since we signed Daly basically) and we'll be involved in an awful lot of tight matches between now and the end of the season so unless we can keep edging these wins I can't see us featuring in the top four. Sixth or seventh would still be my bet for our final position.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Another good interview with McKinnon. Again honest in how he seen the game, mentioned players who under performed and also gave them a lot of praise, along with praise for the support as well. Definitely a better atmosphere today as well, still quiet though.!

Toshney and Bene?! Glad they're doing well but must admit surprised they're doing that well as a pairing that they're being loved by the Raith support. They're decent as a Championship pair goes but mid table would be the max I'd expect from them two, never anything higher and never anyone raving about them on a forum.