The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not really relevant to the current day, but Willie Dyer has signed for Brechin.

Odd, said in the paper the other day he had signed for Whitehawk FC in the National League South. Must have had a change of heart.

Odd, said in the paper the other day he had signed for Whitehawk FC in the National League South. Must have had a change of heart.

Probably something to do with the fact that they've got no fans.

A lucky escape from the move with a Scottish team being interested, probably.

It won't be pleasant dropping back to PT after being FT at a Premier league club, but it's a damn site better than uprooting your life for PT football. Sack that.

A lucky escape from the move with a Scottish team being interested, probably.

It won't be pleasant dropping back to PT after being FT at a Premier league club, but it's a damn site better than uprooting your life for PT football. Sack that.

They have got the boy Sergio Torres who played for Crawley previously under that fat twat Evans and looked not too shabby at that level. Makes you wonder how they can afford a player like that.

Message from the Manager

Friday 28th August 2015

To all our Supporters,

On behalf of my backroom staff and all the players, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the fantastic backing we have received of late. I am thrilled that we managed to record two home victories this week including a tremendous cup win against premiership Hamilton Accies, and we now go in with confidence to our next two difficult away ties at Hibs and Rangers. The fans both against Alloa and Hamilton were really superb, and the players have commented how much of a lift it gave them. We are all pulling in the same direction and I am delighted that you all are supporting us every step of the way. Thank You

From the rovers digest email. Refreshing to hear how the management team and the players are enjoying the backing from the fans. Ray McKinnon really starting to bring the feel good factor back to Starks Park. Long may it continue

Maybe it's news on Callachan's injury?

As much as we don't want Davie to leave it's unfair for a keeper of the quality not to be playing regularly. Cuthbert has been superb for us this season and quite fairly is now regarded by the number 1 choice.

I will hold nothing against McGurn is he does indeed leave, either on loan or on a free, and if he returns to the club in the future he'll receive some welcome back.

Of course it could always just be another youth player going out on loan. I remember the rumours last time and it turned out to be a 6 month loan deal for Court.

Message from the Manager
Friday 28th August 2015

To all our Supporters,

On behalf of my backroom staff and all the players, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the fantastic backing we have received of late. I am thrilled that we managed to record two home victories this week including a tremendous cup win against premiership Hamilton Accies, and we now go in with confidence to our next two difficult away ties at Hibs and Rangers. The fans both against Alloa and Hamilton were really superb, and the players have commented how much of a lift it gave them. We are all pulling in the same direction and I am delighted that you all are supporting us every step of the way. Thank You

From the rovers digest email. Refreshing to hear how the management team and the players are enjoying the backing from the fans. Ray McKinnon really starting to bring the feel good factor back to Starks Park. Long may it continue

Regarding the managers fan's message I don't think I've ever been more behind a manager than I am with Ray. His passion for taking us forward is unquestionable and the atmosphere against Alloa and Hamilton was brilliant. Last season it was just horrible and the last game against Livi was the worst I'd ever experienced but the way Ray speaks to us as fans and the way he has his team set up to play has allowed us to quickly get on side with him.

There will no doubt be bad performances this season (we've already had Stenny away) but so long as the manager acknowledges that and we bounce back with the same desire and passion as we have already shown this past week the fans will stick by him.

Maybe it's news on Callachan's injury?

As much as we don't want Davie to leave it's unfair for a keeper of the quality not to be playing regularly. Cuthbert has been superb for us this season and quite fairly is now regarded by the number 1 choice.

I will hold nothing against McGurn is he does indeed leave, either on loan or on a free, and if he returns to the club in the future he'll receive some welcome back.

Of course it could always just be another youth player going out on loan. I remember the rumours last time and it turned out to be a 6 month loan deal for Court.

Regarding the managers fan's message I don't think I've ever been more behind a manager than I am with Ray. His passion for taking us forward is unquestionable and the atmosphere against Alloa and Hamilton was brilliant. Last season it was just horrible and the last game against Livi was the worst I'd ever experienced but the way Ray speaks to us as fans and the way he has his team set up to play has allowed us to quickly get on side with him.

There will no doubt be bad performances this season (we've already had Stenny away) but so long as the manager acknowledges that and we bounce back with the same desire and passion as we have already shown this past week the fans will stick by him.

This!

First negative reaction for me this season ... Horrendous move, one that not only makes it look as though the board signed him just to make season ticket money off us (which is a horrible way to look at the fans), but it now looks as though Daveys time with us is done ... Not happy at all.

Dont get me wrong, Cuthbert has been good and should be #1 at the minute, but McGurn should be at least benched, I'm now thinking Rays "thanks fans" speech earlier was simply to try cool the reactions this news will get ...

Steady on.

Mckinnon is a methodical manager who will want to work intensively with every part of the team. Cuthbert and Laidlaw are there full time, and understandably the manager wants to work closely with these guys. Mcgurn simply does not give him that option.

Mckinnon wont have seen the Mcgurn we have, and he wants to do things his own way - i back him with that.