The New Raith Rovers Thread

I have a sneaking feeling Mortons outstanding player last season might yet end up on a deal in Dundeh...and not with Hart's.

Would rather see Billy Stark at SP than Billy Reid if I'm honest.

Of the experienced and available then McCall, Mixu, Butcher or Locke aren't names that'd fill me with dread, though if it comes to it the order they're in would be my preference with Stark coming in 4th.

Ian McCall, Baz Fergusson, McPherson, Ian & Grant Murray, Lennon and Cameron can all bolt, I wouldn't thank you for any of them.

I watched both Crawford and Naismiths teams at New Bayview and tbh they were brutal, just horrid on the eye to watch, that said Nathan Austin was brutal at that time and he's matured so anything is possible. Add to this that Crawf sold his sold to the devil at east end too so f**k him.

Of the untried Cleland is the only one so far I'd like, possibly Jack Ross who was supposedly the brains behind Ian Murray but not too keen on Darren Young who is allegedly being guided by Billy Stark.

Edited by Scottydog

Tbf guys he's hardly irreplaceable, enjoyable season in the end but until we signed Hardie and Connelly we could easily have missed out on the playoffs, the Dumbarton 3-3 and defeat to Alloa being obvious lows.

Get the right man in now and a few quality players to go with a good squad already and there's no reason we won't be in the same position with someone else.

Ray going to Utd was inevitable, we've had a decent season with him in charge and making the playoffs with weeks to spare is probably something we never thought he'd achieve in his first season. He brought in some good players and really did help get rid of the negative vibes going about Starks Park after the Murray era. However he's now managing a team we're in direct competition with and I hope he fails  :)

I have a sneaking feeling Mortons outstanding player last season might yet end up on a deal in Dundeh...and not with Hart's.

Would rather see Billy Stark at SP than Billy Reid if I'm honest.

Of the experienced and available then McCall, Mixu, Butcher or Locke aren't names that'd fill me with dread, though if it comes to it the order they're in would be my preference with Stark coming in 4th.

Ian McCall, Baz Fergusson, McPherson, Ian & Grant Murray, Lennon and Cameron can all bolt, I wouldn't thank you for any of them.

I watched both Crawford and Naismiths teams at New Bayview and tbh they were brutal, just horrid on the eye to watch, that said Nathan Austin was brutal at that time and he's matured so anything is possible. Add to this that Crawf sold his sold to the devil at east end too so f**k him.

Of the untried Cleland is the only one so far I'd like, possibly Jack Ross who was supposedly the brains behind Ian Murray but not too keen on Darren Young who is allegedly being guided by Billy Stark.

Locke, Mixu and Butcher all do fill me with dread as well as the others you mention.

Alas, if Ellis is away we can't even go down the cheap route.

Really does it matter who we get in? As far I can see it goes one of 3 ways...

1. We are crap, struggle in the league and get relegated. The manager gets sacked.

2. We have an average run of the mill season which by and large is devoid of excitement. We finished 5th-8th with some fans happy, other wanting a change and no real enthusiasm towards the club with poor crowds a.k.a the Murray years. Eventually manager is sacked.

3. We sneak into 3rd or 4th place and have a play-off match. The liklihood of getting up is very low given the amount of games needed to be played and we go out after a brave effort. The manager is sought after and leaves for a bigger club and challenge. 

Any which way we are left without a manager and will be having the same conversation again.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

Really does it matter who we get in. As far I can see it goes one of 3 ways...

1. We are crap, struggle in the league and get relegated. The manager gets sacked.

2. We have an average run of the mill season which by and large is devoid of excitement. We finished 5th-8th with some fans happy, other wanting a change and no real enthusiasm towards the club with poor crowds a.k.a the Murray years. Eventually manager is sacked.

3. We sneak into 3rd or 4th place and have a play-off match. The liklihood of getting up is very low given the amount of games needed to be played and we go out after a brave effort. The manager is sought after and leaves for a bigger club and challenge. 

Any which way we are left without a manager and will be having the same conversation again.

Well.... yeah; But supporting a team like raith will always be the triumph of hope over experience.

Jings. Just away to throw myself in the traffic..

Sheeeesh!!   :shutup  

Strange logic,bud.

Locke, Mixu and Butcher all do fill me with dread as well as the others you mention.

Alas, if Ellis is away we can't even go down the cheap route.

So it's Stu McCall or nothing for you Rents?

Have you any other candidates you'd like to see come forward (not that anyone has declared an interest yet as far as I know), I'd like to see Billy Stark, Alex Cleland or Jack Ross perhaps.

I gave my reasons for not wanting Crawford or Naismith.

Personally I'd also rule out: McPherson as at QotS, Murray at St Mirren, Mickey at Berwick and Cowden, Lennon at Alloa (and the unquoted Jim McInally at Morton) have all been failures at this level or below. Both Barry Fergusson and Ian McCall are simply a***holes of the highest calibre.

Out of interest what would be your reasons for not wanting Mixu, Butcher or Locke?  Granted all 3 have overseen the relegation of their respective sides, but from the SPL and in all cases the teams in question's fates were all but sealed before they took over.

Obviously disappointing that Ray Mac has left and went to Dundee Utd, but you can't blame him for it. We've had a great season, and for that - cheers Ray!

The bitterness on here is ridiculous!

On to the next man (/woman as mentioned before) in the hot seat. I'd take Gary Naysmith, and at 5/1 on McBookie, worth a tenner on it I reckon ha!

So we all just for having a suicide pact then guys? Why bother anymore.

A fair summary. However, there's always the chance that the manager and players create something great and have a season like 92/93 where we win the league and go unbeaten at home all season.

The next one might be this generation's Jimmy Nic.

So we all just for having a suicide pact then guys? Why bother anymore.

Hardly suicidal just the realistic outcome. Unless a club has a brilliant season and gets promoted then the liklihood is the manager wont stay for a variety of reasons. 

A fair summary. However, there's always the chance that the manager and players create something great and have a season like 92/93 where we win the league and go unbeaten at home all season.

The next one might be this generation's Jimmy Nic.

Hopefully that happens. None of the names so far fill me with any inspiration and I shudder with Barry Smith being named 4/1 favourite. Hopefully that's only because his agent is pals with the boy at McBookie.