The New Raith Rovers Thread

The irony of Mark Warburton in the paper this morning saying we don't send our young Scottish players far enough away when they go out on loan and they should go down South ideally and to other countries to experience different cultures immediately before sending one to Fife is not lost on me. ;)

After last season, I'd be disappointed if that's our ambitions. If we sign Hardie and Skacel, then I would argue that our squad is up there with St Mirrens and Dunfermlines..

Your squad is up there with St.mirren and Dunfermline's, behave yourself.

Scott Roberts signing for you because Hardie is heading to Paisley.

Your squad is up there with St.mirren and Dunfermline's, behave yourself.

Scott Roberts signing for you because Hardie is heading to Paisley.

I remember you saying this about a month ago, I'm guessing you've actually came with the confirmation this time?

And yes, I believe if we were to sign a quality striker like Hardie, our squad would be up there, as it's only your strike force and Reilly upfront for The Pars that are anything special. Possibly Stevie Mallan for yourselves as well. The rest of your team is very average.

On 7/16/2016 at 17:26, Wee Sandy said:

TBH??  Aye, right!!

Nobody in Scottish Football needs advice from DAFC about anything, laughable really

No one respects you, but they DO remember you for what happened ...irrespective of your claims."it was back then".

You" lost your name" guys, you "lost your name"!!

On 7/16/2016 at 17:41, steely59 said:

But we have been in the Championship not the seaside league you Pars t**t. Enjoy your relegation struggle

On 7/16/2016 at 18:27, Scottydog said:

Aye full power to deflector screens then? Poor fuckers they know fine their clubs image is perminently tarnished just like Sevco and Dundee with their shafting of creditors but they squirm and deflect to try to get out of the glare. My question is simple, are they Livvi in disguise?

Almost Cowden levels of hating Dunfermline more than liking your own club.

Absolutely shitting it, I would be too if the "big" signing was Rudi Skacel.

Definition of a wee team mentality on display.

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

:lol::lol::lol: the best line of defence pal is to attack. so why are you attacking your so called wee team.:whistle

3 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Yeah, says the guy who appears on a Rovers thread numerous times....

5 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

:lol::lol::lol: the best line of defence pal is to attack. so why are you attacking your so called wee team.:whistle

Because Rovers seem to have this idea that they are no longer the wee team, I'm trying to make the most of this short spell of bravado and confidence before the normal order of meekly accepting domination resumes.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Yeah, says the guy who appears on a Rovers thread numerous times....

Think I've only posted in it 2, maybe 3 times before this? I'm sure you can check for me and let me know.

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Because Rovers seem to have this idea that they are no longer the wee team, I'm trying to make the most of this short spell of bravado and confidence before the normal order of meekly accepting domination resumes.

Think I've only posted in it 2, maybe 3 times before this? I'm sure you can check for me and let me know.

No pal your wrong. Now be a good boy, go have 6 Putinka vodkas then spend the following hour on the loo and have a good clear out cause your clearly full of it.

People are way too hung up on Hardie - as well as way overstating how good he is. He did well for us, had a couple of very good games in particular - as well as some quieter ones. The idea of him being the ultimate answer to any perceived deficiencies up front is a bit silly, even if there were any chance of him coming back.

That's not to say I don't want him, or anything. But I rate Vaughan higher.

1 minute ago, Yoss said:

People are way too hung up on Hardie - as well as way overstating how good he is. He did well for us, had a couple of very good games in particular - as well as some quieter ones. The idea of him being the ultimate answer to any perceived deficiencies up front is a bit silly, even if there were any chance of him coming back.

This

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The irony of Mark Warburton in the paper this morning saying we don't send our young Scottish players far enough away when they go out on loan and they should go down South ideally and to other countries to experience different cultures immediately before sending one to Fife is not lost on me. ;)

Fife is a whole other culture from anywhere else in Scotland, to be fair.

10 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I certainly rate Vaughn higher.  Hardie was absolutely anonymous in the two play off games vs Hibs. 

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I certainly rate Vaughn higher.  Hardie was absolutely anonymous in the two play off games vs Hibs. 

You could say that about the bulk of the squad in those games, particularly the 2nd game.