The New Raith Rovers Thread

With all due respect there's no way Callahan is good enough for Hearts, or any other 'top 6' side. He'll sign a two year deal, play less than 10 games before signing for the Pars or Livi.

I'm not convinced by any means that Hearts will be top six this season.
It still sticks in my craw that clubs like Hearts can shed £20m+ of debt for the equivalent of losing five games,then within three years are spending £10m on a new stand and signing other clubs' players for cash.
The only up side to this is that if what people are suggesting is true, ie Locke is having an input into signings then further disaster will befall them before long.

Who remembers this?
IMG_0745.thumb.JPG.f11a558b54952242922cf1bd344a3ca5.JPG

That was well worth losing a job for.

As for Callachan, I would agree that Matthews is a ready made replacement but it would leave us with another position we have no cover for.

I would be trying to negotiate a deal where Callachan returns on loan til January at least because let's face it, he's not going to be breaking into the Hearts starting 11 any time soon.

Don't particularly want to lose any of our team this window but if he does go are there any decent replacements available? Had a look on Jambo Kickback, couple of lads think the deal has been done but no further info. The one positive is our homegrown players are starting to get the attention of bigger clubs which is a sign we are doing something right in our youth setup.

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Apparently we're being offered a player plus cash deal. 

No doubt a player that even Locke wouldn't have contemplated bringing to us, right enough...

Thought press said we'd already turned that offer down? Under rated player by many. I think we'll miss his mobility, strength and drive though I think Matthews will step up - even in a more advanced role than he's been used to.

Still, we will need a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

If cash os involved  get it up front. Who would trust that fat maggie Thatcher  wannabe? Our club should have nothing to do with Locke in anyway shape or form.

The only involvement Locke has will be doling out the half time pies in hospitality, it's safe to say he's been neutered as a footballing influence.

2 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

And they are demanding  £1 million for jamie walker absolute joke.

Aye, it's properly shite. At least, unlike Vaughan, there us half a chance that we have some kind of replacement available in Matthews.

If it's only £35k up front then that's a absolute joke. What's the benefit to us as a club in doing that? We weaken our squad and there's no guarantee we can get a actual replacement far less one who will be as good as Callachan.

Just when we seem to moving forward again we do a typical Rovers thing and take 5 steps back.

My thoughts exactly. Even if we do get a decent fee, and I'm not convinced we will, we're weakening our already small and limited squad. What benefit do we get from doing this? Callachan was part of a squad that didn't perform last season and led to our relegation...he should do the honourable thing and stick with us.

"Honourable thing", give over. This is his career and if he thinks it's the right move then he should go.

He's been a great professional and servant to the club and if he does go, good luck to him.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

b*****d.

We'll end up with a bandy legged shitehawk loanee to fill the gap, won't we...

You do have to wonder? We could have just simply said look, £150k and he's yours. If they were to sell Walker then that money is made back straight away. Imagine accepting £35k...fair enough if the player is keen. But they could easily just sign him next summer for nothing.