The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, renton said:

Hamilton, I heard.

Wouldn't be surprised. 

This is unfortunately the problem in this league of having a good season and not going up. Teams with bigger budgets just pick your players off.

Worried we have a rebuild on our hands here. If Spencer and Musonda goes that's 6 of the starters being replaced. 

Armstrong is a funny one. I'll freely admit to being overly happy clappy when it comes to a lot of players, but I've never quite bought into Armstrong the way a lot of others have. 

I thought the leap to Ross County was too big for him last time, and I think a step to the Premiership would be too far for him now. He's got the quality, on his day he's excellent, but he's not consistent enough and I think a large part of that is that he's quite easy to play out of a game, if you've seen him before. 

He's still young, he's got plenty of time to develop, but I think he's currently a top end Championship player. Very interested to see where he turns up next. 

9 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Armstrong is a funny one. I'll freely admit to being overly happy clappy when it comes to a lot of players, but I've never quite bought into Armstrong the way a lot of others have. 

I thought the leap to Ross County was too big for him last time, and I think a step to the Premiership would be too far for him now. He's got the quality, on his day he's excellent, but he's not consistent enough and I think a large part of that is that he's quite easy to play out of a game, if you've seen him before. 

He's still young, he's got plenty of time to develop, but I think he's currently a top end Championship player. Very interested to see where he turns up next. 

I'd heard Hamilton, but he's an Ayrshire guy, right? Killie?

2 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

f**k sake. 

Ech, I'd like to have kept him. Tidy player, good running and works hard. On the other hand... those corners. Not the end of the world.

Just have to see what McGlynn can do.

My main concern is that he's our best winger. 

We're also about to lose our best midfielder and our best CB is out of contract also. 

He has his moments and his set pieces genuinely angered me at times, but he isn't an easy player to replace. 

It’s getting a bit silly that five players have announced their departure on social media with no word at all from the club. Kilmarnock managed to release a list the day after they were relegated.

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

It’s getting a bit silly that five players have announced their departure on social media with no word at all from the club. Kilmarnock managed to release a list the day after they were relegated.

I thought we were supposed to have a media officer?

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The club can’t release the list until we’ve spoken to everyone. Players are obviously choosing to post on their socials as soon as their conversation has taken place. Not a lot the club can do about that.

Just seems a bit tinpot we’re relying on getting our news from individual Twitter feeds when, like Paco said, other clubs have managed to produce a fairly conclusive list.

Edited by Enigma

20 clubs have announced their released/retained lists, 22 have yet to do so. If we're still having this conversation in a week's time, it's maybe a different story, but given our season finished later than a lot of these sides, I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves. 

Source: the excellent Narey's Toepoker