The New Raith Rovers Thread

25 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

A message from RaithTV. Will be strange not doing the work this weekend.

My heartfelt thanks from this Raith Rovers fan abroad. You guys especially deserved much better considering the time, effort and sacrifice you put into the RaithTV streaming service. It really was top notch and you should be very proud. I looked forward to it every other Saturday morning. 

Edited by Leggy Blonde

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Hope that’s not directed at me. If it is you’ve misunderstood the point I’m responding to.

It's directed at every single mouth-breather in the thread who seems to think no one complained about him playing at Clyde, when quite the opposite is true. There have been numerous posts explaining this and numerous posts explaining why, even within five years a massive change in attitudes has elevated this to being a seriously big deal. 

Feel really sorry for the Rovers fans in all this (a pretty decent bunch on here). We all love our clubs, but then a shitstorm like this erupts from nowhere and within 48 hrs chaos reigns.  Real bummer folks.

2 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

Not seen any 1st team players quick. 

Look man, I don't know if you're thick as f**k or if you're at the wind-up. I suspect you think it's the latter but really it's the former. 

Either way, I haven't a clue what that post is supposed to mean. But the quality of debate here would increase exponentially if you just fucked off. So, gonnae?   

It's directed at every single mouth-breather in the thread who seems to think no one complained about him playing at Clyde, when quite the opposite is true. There have been numerous posts explaining this and numerous posts explaining why, even within five years a massive change in attitudes has elevated this to being a seriously big deal. 

Yes but that’s not the point I’m making. Although it has to be said the complaint did die down into reluctant acceptance in recent years.
My point was in response to those criticising the FM for voicing an opinion on this matter that most of us share and are equally guilty of not pushing hard enough when he was at Clyde…..

4 minutes ago, renton said:

We'll have first team players. Just no one to open up the ground to let them in is all. 

It’s only 22:30 on Wednesday still time to lose half the team 😂

Could we seriously be struggling to fulfill this fixture due to lack of support staff? 

it would be funny if it wasn’t so heartbreaking. It’s literally like a nightmare but I can’t wake up 😢

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Jesus. Are there still utter morons trying to argue that no one moaned about Goodwillie playing for Clyde? 

Apologies , I had blocked everything Clyde related by that time so missed all the shite about it.  With the length of time  he has been at Clyde  I just assumed he was one of the guys there. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Do you mind if I send this to the club?

I'm a long way off being able to make memes about this, but you better believe that when I've calmed down in about 18 months I'll be doing a Mitchell and Webb look "Are we the baddies?" with John McGlynn's face superimposed on David Mitchell.  

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Feel really sorry for the Rovers fans in all this (a pretty decent bunch on here). We all love our clubs, but then a shitstorm like this erupts from nowhere and within 48 hrs chaos reigns.  Real bummer folks.

I'm going to miss my Friday night pub crawl in March thanks to this.

Pass my apologies to Deja Vu, Hole I' The Wa, The Imperial, The Douglas Arms, The Barrel and The Waverley.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

It’s only 22:30 on Wednesday still time to lose half the team 😂

Could we seriously be struggling to fulfill this fixture due to lack of support staff? 

it would be funny if it wasn’t so heartbreaking. It’s literally like a nightmare but I can’t wake up 😢

I'm starting to wonder this myself as I know of a few other people who have resigned from their posts but they're not on social media so it's not been mentioned yet.  

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Look man, I don't know if you're thick as f**k or if you're at the wind-up. I suspect you think it's the latter but really it's the former. 

Either way, I haven't a clue what that post is supposed to mean. But the quality of debate here would increase exponentially if you just fucked off. So, gonnae?   

F**k u, I'll still be watching the Rovers on Saturdays. When your crying to your mummy 

1 minute ago, SanStarko said:

I'm starting to wonder this myself as I know of a few other people who have resigned from their posts but they're not on social media so it's not been mentioned yet.  

Half expecting some Extinction Rebellion type thing with folk glueing themselves to the doors and chaining themselves to the turnstiles. Surprised turnstile operators are still volunteering actually.