The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

As dreadful as the 'Rape Rovers' patter is, unfortunately I think it might stick for a while.

Probably and sadly it’s deserved after that decision. We’re quick to give the Pars lads stick of their financial problems so we’ll need to grow some thick skin on this one. Oh how we used to be able to take the moral high ground over many clubs a week ago. 

47 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm not surprised it's a Dundee United fan who's come up with this "Rape Rovers" shite.

It was their fans who used to shout "Typhoid Team" at the Dons after the typhoid outbreak.

Aye.....whatever you say Methuselah 

1 minute ago, Lester Freamon said:

As dreadful as the 'Rape Rovers' patter is, unfortunately I think it might stick for a while.

I really hope and think you’re wrong. There will be the odd oddball willing to use it but you can file these people in the ‘wronguns’ category. Raith Rovers fans have stood up for what is right and proper, putting everything on the line and have actually gone up in my estimations.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Probably and sadly it’s deserved after that decision. We’re quick to give the Pars lads stick of their financial problems so we’ll need to grow some thick skin on this one. Oh how we used to be able to take the moral high ground over many clubs a week ago. 

I don't know, battering your board into submission in 48 hours was pretty impressive.

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Genuine question - why has there not been the same level of outrage for the last 5 years whilst he’s been playing for Clyde?

The outrage came from the fans and was amplified by famous folk like Val McDermid and Gordon Brown.  Nobody cares about Clyde.

52 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm not surprised it's a Dundee United fan who's come up with this "Rape Rovers" shite.

It was their fans who used to shout "Typhoid Team" at the Dons after the typhoid outbreak.

Christ you're going back some 60-70 years when that typhoid outbreak happened.

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I disagree, the thousands of decent Raith Rovers fans do not deserve that tag, the majority of which condemned the appointment.

To tag the team with that is way beyond footballing banter.

Sadly a few tanked up opposition young teamers will be giving it laldy against us at games for the foreseeable - nowt you can do about that but take it and concentrate on whatever the club are trying to do to rectify this god awful mess. 

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

I disagree, the thousands of decent Raith Rovers fans do not deserve that tag, the majority of which condemned the appointment.

To tag the team with that is way beyond footballing banter.

Honestly you’re right it is poor banter but some will always stope that low to score points. 

The whole of Scottish football’s response has for me been a credit to fans and their clubs.   

Just now, Raithie said:

Sadly a few tanked up opposition young teamers will be giving it laldy against us at games for the foreseeable - nowt you can do about that but take it and concentrate on whatever the club are trying to do to rectify this god awful mess. 

It's our own tanked up young teamers I'm concerned about, to be honest with you.