The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, renton said:

I suspect Clyde will have looked at the last week, and may well cry off. They kind of got away with it 4 years ago, but would get slaughtered for it now.

I do feel, with hindsight as I wasn’t on their threads slating them for the last few years either, that Clyde have got off relatively easy here. I’m not even saying that people should be hammering Clyde now as a result but if you think about it they signed him, they played him and they made him their club captain I believe which surely would’ve meant more fan interaction etc than just your average player at the club.

Again I’m not saying we should go back and now retrospectively hammer Clyde as a result but it is pretty incredible the reaction now compared to the last few years where I’m sure 90% of supporters of Premiership-League Two clubs knew Goodwillie was playing regularly for Clyde. You only need to look at Falkirk to see how close the gap is between some of the bigger Championship clubs and teams like Clyde. 

Sad day, disappointed in the Raith Board not standing by their 1st statement and let a minority of Raith fan who actually go to the game and the majority of everyone else jumping on the moral high ground.

It was about a footballer, playing football.

So we should now just roll over, as there are no 2nd chances in life. 

Board, players and some Raith Rovers fans still supported the footballing decision. 

I disagree, the thousands of decent Raith Rovers fans do not deserve that tag, the majority of which condemned the appointment.

The majority of Rovers fans on here have been excellent over this and are to be applauded.

However, their Tuesday night attendance showed that the majority were actually okay with it.

4 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

Sad day, disappointed in the Raith Board not standing by their 1st statement and let a minority of Raith fan who actually go to the game and the majority of everyone else jumping on the moral high ground.

Board, players and some Raith Rovers fans still supported the footballing decision. 

Devastated for you pal, I can see how much you were looking forward to cheering on an unrepentant rapist.

Hope you're OK x

6 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

blink-182 wtf GIF

On 01/02/2022 at 17:38, Pablo Partick said:

Raith going for it.

Ched copy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pablo Partick said:

Apparently this is going to cost Rovers around £200k. Money they don't have and money they would have been as well flushing down the bog.

Sim, McGlynn and the rest should do the decent thing and step down. No way to run a club.

Capture159 copy.jpg

First effort was such a resounding success you thought it was worthwhile spending the time on a second, huh? 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm not surprised it's a Dundee United fan who's come up with this "Rape Rovers" shite.

They used to sing "David Goodwillie, he does what he wants". Thankfully a lot has changed in the past decade and attitudes have changed. 

Not surprised in the slightest that 'Bene' come out in support of Goodwillie. 

13 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

It wasn't about a "footballer playing football" you rape-apologist cretin, it was about a Manager and a BoD making a ridiculous and damaging decision to sign an unrepentant rapist. 

Would you have been greeting about "footballers playing football" had it been Craig Thomson? 

Also, there should no "2nd chances in life" for rapists who not only refuse to accept responsibility for their behaviour but compound this by crying about it resulting in them being able to afford a slightly less flashy car and a smaller mansion.

Goodwillie is an utterly abhorrent individual, you are equally so for your cowardly backing of him. 

The first step of ensuring DG never wears the jersey means we can now focus on the financial and reputational (not mutually exclusive) damage caused to the club and who is accountable. 4 days ago we had a decent reputation, challenging at the right end of the league and looking forward to a £200k+ windfall from a tie at Celtic Park.

All that now pissed away and the club set back years in it development as  a real benefit to the local community.

What we need now is a transparent and detailed account of this decision and all involved in executing it removed from their positions of power within the club. 

Then the hard work of restoring us to where we were on Sunday starts.

What a self inflicted disaster!

17 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

It was about a unrepentant rapist who is also a footballer being rewarded by allegedly becoming the highest earner at your club. 

2nd chances are not provided by default, you have to work for them. Goodwillie has done nothing of the sort.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Is this actually true?

I know he was bankrupt but I thought that was for unpaid tax from his Blackburn days (when he was earning £20k a week, by the way.............how the f**k can these guys end up penniless its beyond me)?

Because they're dribbling simpletons?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They used to sing "David Goodwillie, he does what he wants". Thankfully a lot has changed in the past decade and attitudes have changed. 

Not surprised in the slightest that 'Bene' come out in support of Goodwillie. 

Pretty sure that chant came after the cup final and the lob over McGovern and had nothing to do with the rape.