The New Raith Rovers Thread

What's everyone's opinion of Walker as captain? I personally don't think he's got the natural leader instinct to be wearing the armband but then there's the issue of who would be more suited to being captain. Me and my two friends were discussing this at the game yesterday and we all agreed Mensing would be the ideal man.

What's everyone's opinion of Walker as captain? I personally don't think he's got the natural leader instinct to be wearing the armband but then there's the issue of who would be more suited to being captain. Me and my two friends were discussing this at the game yesterday and we all agreed Mensing would be the ideal man.

Agree, but also Ellis. I know he's a coach, but he is a leader on and off the park.

Often someone like Walker gets the role through default by virtue of the fact he's been at the club for a few years.

He's not captain material though and considering his poor form this season you could argue that it's hindering him.

I'd give the role to Mensing as well and let Walker concentrate on finding some form again.

Has anyone bought one of those split Raith Celtic scarves? Can't see there being much of a market for them to be honest. I mean what self respecting Rovers fan wants a scarf with a Celtic badge on it.

Might be a solution for the away fans in home end. Get to wear your colours to game without any hassle.

Edited by roverthemoon

I honestly can't believe they've done that. As you say, what right-minded Rovers fan would want a scarf with a Celtic badge on it? The only people they'll appeal to are the closets in the support, I'd imagine.

I hate half and half scarves full stop. Fair enough if we ended up playing Bayern Munich again or something, but a fucking Scottish Cup last sixteen match? Just no.

Totally agree. Aimed at the part timers who'll be spouting off on facebook after watching their beloved bhoys on Sky who are making their first game this season. their first game of the season on BBC1

Sorted that one for you.

1358728909[/url]' post='7003182']

Split scarves :lol:

At least you're getting some money though. Wonder why you get "wee team" jibes though...

Exactly what I said on Saturday toe curling cringeworthy desperation, would expect this from a mid highland league team....not buying.

1358728909[/url]' post='7003182']

Split scarves :lol:

At least you're getting some money though. Wonder why you get "wee team" jibes though...

You know that you've hit a low when Dunfermline supporters are laughing at your money making ventures.

If the Rovers hit a fiver profit for the scarves then its been worthwhile.

You know that you've hit a low when Dunfermline supporters are laughing at your money making ventures.

It depends how much effort was put in for that fiver.

I also think this is an ill advised venture. Bayern, aye. Celtic, naw.

1358764751[/url]' post='7003475']

It depends how much effort was put in for that fiver.

I also think this is an ill advised venture. Bayern, aye. Celtic, naw.

Aye, I'm not keen on them either but its heartening that the commercial dept are trying things like this.

I honestly can't believe they've done that. As you say, what right-minded Rovers fan would want a scarf with a Celtic badge on it? The only people they'll appeal to are the closets in the support, I'd imagine.

I hate half and half scarves full stop. Fair enough if we ended up playing Bayern Munich again or something, but a fucking Scottish Cup last sixteen match? Just no.

half and half scarves are fukin naff irrespective of what team its combined with including bayern munich

Edited by Rovers_Lad

This.

It's a stick on cert that there will be the usual gadgie entrepreneurs selling their pish outside the ground, so if you want to buy a scarf, buy one from the club and let them profit instead.

1358789791[/url]' post='7004431']

This.

It's a stick on cert that there will be the usual gadgie entrepreneurs selling their pish outside the ground, so if you want to buy a scarf, buy one from the club and let them profit instead.

Your just a daft auld clunt that reeks oh pish............