The New Raith Rovers Thread

1359220875[/url]' post='7019429']

Don't forget what happened against Aberdeen and our form was worse that what it is now leading into that game.

Aberdeen didn't have a finisher of Gary Hooper's calibre at their disposal.

Celtic have class all the way through that team, Aberdeen didn't. I too fear a humping. sad.gif

I still don't think there is much danger of getting relagated. Sure, Hamilton and Dumbarton will finish above us if the trend continues (which it won't), but Cowden and Airdrie are still worse than us.

Aberdeen didn't have a finisher of Gary Hooper's calibre at their disposal.

Celtic have class all the way through that team, Aberdeen didn't. I too fear a humping. sad.gif

Celtic have a league game to play 2 days beforehand, and its rumoured much of the team will be dropped to try and make sure they're prepped for upcoming games against Juve and ICT. We'll also have an abnormally high home support and the players will not need much motivation to get fired up for this one. They'll be determined to put on a good show. This doesn't mean to say I think we'll win or even get a draw. Just that I believe it will be tighter than most people would think.

Edited by Fotbawmad

1359234740[/url]' post='7020298']

Celtic have a league game to play 2 days beforehand, and its rumoured much of the team will be dropped to try and make sure they're prepped for upcoming games against Juve and ICT. We'll also have an abnormally high home support and the players will not need much motivation to get fired up for this one. They'll be determined to put on a good show. This doesn't mean to say I think we'll win or even get a draw. Just that I believe it will be tighter than most people would think.

I hope so. I'd be happy with a replay, sure the directors would be too!

I still don't think there is much danger of getting relagated. Sure, Hamilton and Dumbarton will finish above us if the trend continues (which it won't), but Cowden and Airdrie are still worse than us.

I'm hoping the same. These now look like the only 2 teams bad enough to finish below us.

Pish.

We deservedly equalised in the 2nd game and probably should've went on to win.

Cowden and Airdrie are worse than us at the moment. The table doesn't lie.

Oh dear - dream on.

And you are correct, the table won't be lying - at the end of the season.

Take the bag off yer heed next time you watch your team.

I think 7th is about where most people would expect you to finish this season but finishing below any of the part-time clubs would be a bit poor. I don't think you are going to be anywhere near relegation come May but unless a miracle occurs in Kirkcaldy next week, the rest of the season will be a bit dull.

Pretty much the same as the Pars only we have a far easier cup tie.

1359242010[/url]' post='7020695']

Oh dear - dream on.

Aye, I'm the dreamer! laugh.gif

Why would I wear a bag on my head? It's only horrendously ugly folk like you that'd do that surely?

Oh dear - dream on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We have won TWICE as many games as Cowden, scored more goals, and have more points. AT THE MOMENT, we have been better than Cowden. The two games were both deserved draws for either team as much as you dress it up as Cowden throwing points away.

What will happen between now and the end of the season? Who knows. But anyone who says Cowden are better than Raith just now is quite plainly, off their fucking heid.

I think 7th is about where most people would expect you to finish this season but finishing below any of the part-time clubs would be a bit poor. I don't think you are going to be anywhere near relegation come May but unless a miracle occurs in Kirkcaldy next week, the rest of the season will be a bit dull.

Pretty much the same as the Pars only we have a far easier cup tie.

This.

Finishing below Cowden, Dumbarton or Airdrie would be a total fucking disaster and unacceptable. Finishing below Falkirk and Hamilton would be dissapointing also.

Its been a poor run of late but we looked good enough to get something yesterday despite missing a key player in Grant Anderson. We have to be targetting four points from the next two games. We are on a par with Hamilton and Falkirk and I still expect to finish somwhere in the middle or around where we finish. Dumbarton are on an anazing run of form and maybe teams have been taking liberties with them - we certainly did in the 2-2 game. As for thistle weve given em two good games so far.

look, there is no reason to be worried yet. a draw against Thistle at home is not beyond the realm of possibility. Home to Dumbarton is a game that is emanintly winnable. Win our game in hand as well and its all rosey. We are in as much of a relegation fight as Falkirk and Hamilton are.

If I have one complaint its that Murray needs to start bkeeding the young guys a bit more. We are in this rut due to the flagging form of two or three guys - we have a small squad so he needs to take chance on these guys at sone point, or we risk being stale and predictable.

Edited by renton