The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Whoosh…

Double whoosh…

Meanwhile, I like the attitude the Club announcements are taking, but a couple of nails with Pars shirts on them would have played it a little better…none the less, well played, Ruaridh!

It may seem like not much, but that kind of fun play on announcements and social media is what we need to try to draw in some younger fans…and maybe get eyeballs on our accounts, which can generate some small amounts if played right, and will certainly raise our profile with possible advertisers. I’m starting to think this Kilgour laddie may know what he’s doing…and we should start a pool to bet on which poster here and on P&B is actually Ruaridh.

I remember his old account from the old days. I won’t embarrass him by posting the handle. Not sure if it will even still exist. Probably been at least 13 or 14 years since he was active, under that name anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I remember his old account from the old days. I won’t embarrass him by posting the handle. Not sure if it will even still exist. Probably been at least 13 or 14 years since he was active, under that name anyway. 

I'm amazed it's still active tbh. I'd have thought it would've been culled a long time ago. Again, I'll not post it - it's all a bit "Andy Robertson complaining in 2009 he was skint and needing a part time job on Twitter" to be pulling up old accounts from that time.

A good day's business for us. McGill offers good cover in a number of positions and fits the profile of player we are looking at. 

Connolly is a big statement signing and someone who in years gone by we would have lost at the end of his contract. 

Finishing work on the away dressing room already is also seriously impressive stuff.

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A good day's business for us. McGill offers good cover in a number of positions and fits the profile of player we are looking at. 

Connolly is a big statement signing and someone who in years gone by we would have lost at the end of his contract. 

Finishing work on the away dressing room already is also seriously impressive stuff.

Exactly, the re signing of Connolly was huge. That’s a statement of intent, let’s see who we bring in to strengthen us further. I really want us to look at Dabrowski. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Either a lot of people being deprived of their £20 and the bookie is laughing, or it's happening. 

Seems a bit of an odd choice from Dundee if this is true. Not sure how I feel about this from our point of view. Liked Murray and his calm approach and always feel that continuity is better than chopping and changing, but then with the new structure the Board has brought then maybe it’s better to have a fresh start. If we get someone decent as a replacement obviously. Which is always the worry…

Edited by roverthemoon

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Seems a bit of an odd choice from Dundee if this is true. Not sure how I feel about this from our point of view. Liked Murray and his calm approach and always feel that continuity is better than chopping and changing, but then with the new structure the Board has brought then maybe it’s better to have a fresh start. If we get someone decent obviously. 

If he was in talks with Dundee, surely we would announce it like what Kelty did when we interviewed Thomson, also why would he start recruitment/bringing in players if he wasn’t going to be here 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Seems a bit of an odd choice from Dundee if this is true. Not sure how I feel about this from our point of view. Liked Murray and his calm approach and always feel that continuity is better than chopping and changing, but then with the new structure the Board has brought then maybe it’s better to have a fresh start. If we get someone decent as a replacement obviously. Which is always the worry…

Another 2 to 3 weeks of hanging around getting a manager in, then he has to start chasing signings. Not ideal.

Also, why let Murray f**k around signing players if he's gonna f**k off 2 days later?

Having said that, with him under contract I'd have expected a more concrete leak.

3 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

If true its a bit of a kick in the teeth.  Only decent thing is we have a decent core signed up and a structure off the field but this will hold us back.   

We know who we will get though  - Kevin Thomson

The one good thing, is our new owners are the same people that Thompson pissed off by whoring himself out for every job going when at Kelty.  

Very surprised with that tbh. I'd be very concerned if we replace him with Potter. 

5 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

If true its a bit of a kick in the teeth.  Only decent thing is we have a decent core signed up and a structure off the field but this will hold us back.   

We know who we will get though  - Kevin Thomson

It won't be Thomson. He left Kelty after going for every full time job he could. 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If he was in talks with Dundee, surely we would announce it like what Kelty did when we interviewed Thomson, also why would he start recruitment/bringing in players if he wasn’t going to be here 

Also adding to my point if it was happening surely either the Courier or the Daily Ranger along with Scott burns would’ve broken the news by now 

12 minutes ago, renton said:

Another 2 to 3 weeks of hanging around getting a manager in, then he has to start chasing signings. Not ideal.

Also, why let Murray f**k around signing players if he's gonna f**k off 2 days later?

Having said that, with him under contract I'd have expected a more concrete leak.

Although glad we got Connolly signed before this blew up.