The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He was on peanuts at FGR.

Soy nuts, actually.

Hendry would be an absolute baller alongside Brown, but I highly doubt we can stretch the wallet to fit…although if we were to offer him a two year deal, with an agreement to allow him to move to a Premiership or English team in exchange for some sell on fees and cash, he might see it as a way to market himself while “coming home”.

I am interested if the third year option for Connolly is player or club, but based upon it being appearances, I’d guess it’s a player option.

Edited by TxRover

Connolly deal is an excellent piece of business. That he's chosen to stay says a lot too about the club and its vision. There are undoubtedly a few other clubs scoring his name off a list tonight and refocusing on the names below his. 

Well done, the board. Well done Ian Murray. Well done Aidan Connolly. 

Announce Hendry and get the open top bus booked.

He will have had a long list of admirers from other clubs so in a way I class this as abit of a coup Aiden resigning , Not many wide players in the championship can show a return of 25 goals in 2 seasons , Well done everyone involved in getting this over the line 

Delighted that the club have clearly offered him what he wanted. Can’t do that for everyone of course, but he was and is well worth the contract. More than a few other Championship clubs who he would have had offers from so says lot that he wanted to stay. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Delighted that the club have clearly offered him what he wanted. Can’t do that for everyone of course, but he was and is well worth the contract. More than a few other Championship clubs who he would have had offers from so says lot that he wanted to stay. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Falkirk have tried too. I feel that in their current situation they'll continually need to offer over the odds to get lads to sign.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Falkirk have tried too. I feel that in their current situation they'll continually need to offer over the odds to get lads to sign.

Hopefully lots of incremental increases on multiple year contacts and nice big fees to agents… 

18 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Great to hear in his interview he wants to stay here as long as possible.  That’s what we want to see committed players who want to play for the club.

I think he’s also realised that the club is made for him as well as by his previous track record he’s not really hit the heights anywhere else so he’s also probably looked at it that way and also finances obviously would also of been a big Factor

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He was the only really that deserved what he wanting/accepted… as others haven’t really warranted a big increase 

Retaining Connolly is an excellent statement of intent, in addition to being a good standalone piece of business. I don't imagine he'd have had (m)any offers from the Premiership, but any Championship team would be glad to have him. It's not just about keeping him as a player, it's about being able to keep hold of a player like that, rather than see him go to a direct rival. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Soy nuts, actually.

Hendry would be an absolute baller alongside Brown, but I highly doubt we can stretch the wallet to fit…although if we were to offer him a two year deal, with an agreement to allow him to move to a Premiership or English team in exchange for some sell on fees and cash, he might see it as a way to market himself while “coming home”.

I am interested if the third year option for Connolly is player or club, but based upon it being appearances, I’d guess it’s a player option.

Peanuts famously aren't vegan...

30 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Peanuts famously aren't vegan...

Whoosh…

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Of course they bloody are. They're bloody legumes.

ROASTED, SALTED peanuts are not vegan.

Double whoosh…

Meanwhile, I like the attitude the Club announcements are taking, but a couple of nails with Pars shirts on them would have played it a little better…none the less, well played, Ruaridh!

It may seem like not much, but that kind of fun play on announcements and social media is what we need to try to draw in some younger fans…and maybe get eyeballs on our accounts, which can generate some small amounts if played right, and will certainly raise our profile with possible advertisers. I’m starting to think this Kilgour laddie may know what he’s doing…and we should start a pool to bet on which poster here and on P&B is actually Ruaridh.