The New Raith Rovers Thread

Guessing its going to have to be a loan signing until the end of the season, I wonder if there is temptation to try and get an experienced keeper or an Ally Brown esk kinda keeper signing

Guessing its going to have to be a loan signing until the end of the season, I wonder if there is temptation to try and get an experienced keeper or an Ally Brown esk kinda keeper signing

I think Laidlaw is probably just as good as most back-up keepers in Scotland at the mo and we'd be looking for another young guy as back-up for him.

Unless we can sign Craig Gordon on a short term deal, pay as u play. Would also provide good coaching

I'd imagine Gordon is still coaching at Dumbarton. Can't see him joining us. One suggestion I was going to make might have been Scott Thomson's son Robbie who was at Celtic, but he's now away to Rochdale. He was on loan at Airdrie for a bit recently from Celtic.

Looking to the fixture this, and our next month is going to be very difficult. Livi are on good form, a difficult away day on a plastic pitch to the 'Shire, Dundee away which is always tough and then to Alloa away.

There's no denying losing McGurn is a huge blow. A fan favourite (and rightly so) and a guy who loves it here and has marvelled us with some ridiculous saves over the years. Wishing him a speedy recovery and I'm sure he knows we're all thinking about him.

I'm confident in Laidlaw's ability to take over from McGurn during his recovery though. It's important we don't start to lose more players to injuries as our squad is small enough as it is.

It doesn't really matter who we bring in as long as its someone. No need to bring in a keeper who'll keep Laidlaw out of the team.

Think Roberts is contracted to kelty and he could only play as a trialst in the ramsdens cup. Tbh as a former keeper I don't rate him, he's worse (a lot) than mcneil)

Thankfully, Laidlaw is a better keeper than McNeil. We have to get right behind him, i'm sure the lads will encourage him throughout the season.

It doesn't really matter who we bring in as long as its someone. No need to bring in a keeper who'll keep Laidlaw out of the team.

Well it does, we need to make sure that if needed they can play to a level similar to Laidlaw after all they will be there to cover him

Indeed.

This is a clear opportunity for Ross Laidlaw to make his name as a first choice keeper over an extended run in the team. I've no doubt he is very aware of the fact and he has,after all, been working with McGurn for a long time now and should be perfectly able to step in.

It does mean however that we now also need to consider getting cover for Laidlaw and that should be someone of Laidlaws' current level with perhaps some experience at league 1 or Championship level. I wouldn't like us to go with what we have and scramble for an emergency replacement if Laidlaw got injured.

Bert kens the score though... 8)

Laidlaws a good goalkeeper, doesnt have the experience of mcgurn but very good. We all need to get behind him and he will take confidence from it. Mcgurn wont play again this season imo. Its literally a chance for laidlaw to shine and make the no1 spot his for years to come and I have full confidence in him to do so.