The New Raith Rovers Thread

Have to say when I saw Corr coming on I panicked a bit, only because of the dislocated shoulder but I thought the laddie done well! 

Keith coming back after almost 3 weeks out was a gamble but I do prefer brown in midfield. He has more of an impact. 

come on boys we can do this!! COYR

11 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Have to say when I saw Corr coming on I panicked a bit, only because of the dislocated shoulder but I thought the laddie done well! 

Keith coming back after almost 3 weeks out was a gamble but I do prefer brown in midfield. He has more of an impact. 

come on boys we can do this!! COYR

I think that'll be the end of Watsons time with us disappointing because he was excellent in the first half. 

Posted (edited)

Really good performance up until Thistle scored and then we dug deep and Kev made some good saves.

Some cracking football at times with  the link up play between the forward players class.

2 cracking goals.Thought that one from Vaughan at start of 2nd half was going in.

Thought when Rudden came on we stopped working the ball forward and started going long too early. Hamilton should’ve been on instead of Rudden anyway.

Disappointing for Watson. Corr done what was required when he came on. Murray class throughout against Graham. Need the same from him on Friday.

Going to be a cracking game and atmosphere on Friday. Interesting to see that staring 11 again.

Lets hope we get the job done.

Edited by SerieA

All being well with the game on Friday and we get through to the final with the game being on the 26th of May does anyone have any idea on what time Kick-off will be as the English Prem playoff is also on that day at 3:00pm ??

Posted (edited)

5pm makes getting to Dingwall* and back a tough ask for many because as usual, public transport will be close to non-existant. 

*assuming its Ross County and not the geographic preference of Perth

Edited by CountryBumpkin

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

5pm makes getting to Dingwall* and back a tough ask for many because as usual, public transport will be close to non-existant. 

*assuming its Ross County and not the geographic preference of Perth

We should have a better idea where we would look to be heading after tonight. St Johnstone and Ross County face off tonight in Perth. Of course, we have Friday to get through first.

Edited by Kooz92

22 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

We should have a better idea where we would look to be heading after tonight. St Johnstone and Ross County face off tonight in Perth. Of course, we have Friday to get through first.

Yeah no guarantees yet until we play but in the top league it feels like neither of those teams want to stay up, both just look devoid of any spirit and belief in their games. Tonight should be an interesting one, shame our domestic TV deal isn't putting it on live. Instead we get to see Brendan Rodgers throw his toys out of the pram again about artificial surfaces after Celtic are made to work for their points by Killie.

Last year the final 2nd leg kicked off at 4:30 even though there were no other major games on in the UK that day.

Clearly it'll come down to what time sky want the game at but you'd like to think there would be some consideration for travelling fans if the game is in Dingwall (spoiler alert: there wont be).

I'd imagine it'll either be at 12 or 5:30 to avoid a clash with the english playoff final (allowing for ET and pens in either game).  Earlier ko preferable if it's in Dingwall (have to leave bloody early in the morning but at least you don't get home so late) and later if it's in Perth. 

Posted (edited)

Been a few Easton rumours coming from very unreliable Motherwell people. Has anyone heard anything from the Raith side of him coming to us? and do you think he's good enough for the top flight? Whenever I've watched him he's been good

Edited by wellfan919191

7 minutes ago, wellfan919191 said:

Been a few Easton rumours coming from veryunreliable Motherwell people. Has anyone heard anything from the Raith side of him coming to us? and do you think he's good enough for the top flight? Whenever I've watched him he's been good

The only thing that's been mentioned recently is that he's very happy at the club and talks are ongoing.  If we go up, I would expect him to stay with us.  If not, it'll depend on where the offers come from I expect.

As for his ability, he was one of the best players in the league for the first half of the season.  Decent amount of goals and always causing problems for defences.  Since then he's been carrying a bit of a back injury which has stopped him being as effective.  I have no doubt he has the ability to play in the Premiership.

1 hour ago, wellfan919191 said:

Been a few Easton rumours coming from very unreliable Motherwell people. Has anyone heard anything from the Raith side of him coming to us? and do you think he's good enough for the top flight? Whenever I've watched him he's been good

I may well be a rare Rovers fan who has a different take on Easton wellfan919191. AlanJM above has given a fair report, but I'm afraid I see a different perspective.

Easton on his day will no doubt be up there with some of the best Rovers players I have seen.  And I go back to seeing the likes of Jim Baxter and Joe Baker.  BUT.  I say on his day, and in my opinion he is not "on his day" often enough.  You will no doubt have seen his "on day"  performances on TV and I agree these have been some excellent performances.  But sadly he doesn't have enough of them.  Again in my opinion, he is either absolutely brilliant, or awfully mediocre.  He has the ability to beat player after player then finish with a worldy goal. or a pass that ends in a goal for a team mate.  However, the amount of occasions where he tries to take on several men (some of them twice) and fails, when the easy pass to a fellow forward in a better scoring position should have been the option, outweighs his brilliant performances.  I see him as being a wee bit selfish and sadly just don't see him as a team player, and that, for me, sadly supersedes his brilliance.

AlanJM could well be right and this somehow might be tied in with his back problems?  I just thought you might like a different perspective, although I will most likely be in the minority with this opinion.

By the way.  Jim Baxter and Joe Baker consistently performed at a high level with very little variance.

According to the Falkirk Herald, Dylan Tait is going to terminate his contract at Hibs to sign permanently with Falkirk.

So much for him thinking he would make it there then, can remember at the time he was so desperate to sign for them that his parents even pushed for the Rovers to let him sign for them.

2 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

According to the Falkirk Herald, Dylan Tait is going to terminate his contract at Hibs to sign permanently with Falkirk.

So much for him thinking he would make it there then, can remember at the time he was so desperate to sign for them that his parents even pushed for the Rovers to let him sign for them.

no problem with him thinking he can make it at a bigger club, the lads just backed himself and unfortunately for him hasn't paid off.

7 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

To be fair, what chance does he have at Hibs when they replace their manager every 9 months or so, no consistency, pushed out on loan each time. McGlynn is probably the best man to get him back to where it looked like he could be when he played for us.

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

no problem with him thinking he can make it at a bigger club, the lads just backed himself and unfortunately for him hasn't paid off.

I agree with you in that I had no problem with him wanting to make at Hibs, more a poor way it was all dealt with really with sell on clause and all that, as more often these clauses never work out especially for the Rovers anyway.

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

To be fair, what chance does he have at Hibs when they replace their manager every 9 months or so, no consistency, pushed out on loan each time. McGlynn is probably the best man to get him back to where it looked like he could be when he played for us.

Well no chance when your signed by Jack Ross then he is sacked and so is everybody after that.

Wish Dylan all the best at Falkirk.