The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Sun reporting Byrne to Livi. Although 2 other champ teams fighting for signature. 

It's a nothing story. Us, Partick and Livi after him. I'd be disappointed if we offer and he doesn't stay because prospects etc, but as with Easton, whose car I saw at the ground today, money talks.

To be fair, Byrne was part of the Livingston side that got promoted in consecutive seasons and played regularly for them in all three divisions. Not inconceivable that he would have an affinity there and be weighing up the move despite his more recent history with us.

3 hours ago, Kooz92 said:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 131211.png

I would say E, F or G would have been better for our chances to advance. Would not want to be in B or C…indifferent as to A, D or H.

31 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

To be fair, Byrne was part of the Livingston side that got promoted in consecutive seasons and played regularly for them in all three divisions. Not inconceivable that he would have an affinity there and be weighing up the move despite his more recent history with us.

Fair point 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I would say E, F or G would have been better for our chances to advance. Would not want to be in B or C…indifferent as to A, D or H.

We’ve got about as easy a group as you’ll get. 

Looking at the dates, I’m okay for the first and last fixtures only.

Premier Sports Cup dates 2024/25

Group stage
MD1: Weekend of July 13/14
MD2: Midweek of July 16/17
MD3: Weekend of July 20/21
MD4: Midweek of July 23/24
MD5: Weekend of July 27/28

Second round
Weekend of August 17/18

Edited by Scary Bear

Am I reading too much into the Rovers quiz. Shaun Byrne still here and in training kit. I know he's been heavily linked with Livi in the Daily Rag. Just dawned on me, Quiz might've been recorded last week and only just posted it though.

Byrne like Easton was always gonna have interest because of the quality he has but it all will come down to financial packages I suppose but with all the profits, prize money etc we could always offer him a bit more than what we could’ve before, be intriguing to see where he does end up though 

47 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Am I reading too much into the Rovers quiz. Shaun Byrne still here and in training kit. I know he's been heavily linked with Livi in the Daily Rag. Just dawned on me, Quiz might've been recorded last week and only just posted it though.

Quiz was recorded a few weeks back going by the discussion with FDL at the end. He mentions "Its not over yet, hopefully in a few weeks there will be more celebration". 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

We’ve got about as easy a group as you’ll get. 

Looking at the dates, I’m okay for the first and last fixtures only.

Premier Sports Cup dates 2024/25

Group stage
MD1: Weekend of July 13/14
MD2: Midweek of July 16/17
MD3: Weekend of July 20/21
MD4: Midweek of July 23/24
MD5: Weekend of July 27/28

Second round
Weekend of August 17/18

Lightening can easily strike twice!
Wasn't it thirty years ago in August when we were away to Ross County in this competition? The rest is, of course, history!😊

There was a bit of talk about Byrne wanting to stay fairly local when he signed him on loan, so you'd fancy that ourselves and Livi are the frontrunners there. Watch as he goes and signs for Partick now. 

For all that David Martindale bored the shit of out everyone with his incessant whining about how skint Livi were last season, I am confident they will probably muster a better financial offer. The extra prize money and the parachute payment will see to that. 

Another excellent interview on Raith TV with Andy Barrowman. 
Key points- ‘a few’ more signings to come in the ‘next few days’. 

Work has been on-going for a long time on re-signings. 
The keep/release list will be made public probably this week. 
Season tickets to be announced imminently. 
New kits already arrived, just waiting for the right time to launch as they don’t want to put everything out at the same time. Confident they’ll be available to buy before summer holidays. 
Work to start on the main stand cladding on Monday and some other internal work on the main stand to start too. 

Lots more in the half hour interview but that was my key take-away after a first listen. 

12 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

New kits already arrived, just waiting for the right time to launch as they don’t want to put everything out at the same time. Confident they’ll be available to buy before summer holidays. 
Work to start on the main stand cladding on Monday and some other internal work on the main stand to start too. 

Lots more in the half hour interview but that was my key take-away after a first listen. 

Thanks for the summary, was pretty sceptical when the new board came in but they seem to be getting a lot more right than wrong and it’s nice that Barrowman is happy to give updates now and again on the goings on behind the scenes.  Hope there’s not much change in prices as last season brought in new interest from the local community and we surely made more than we budgeted for with increased crowds and a great season. 

30 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Can't remember the exact wording but Barrowman said that a couple had decided to move elsewhere which is football.

So essentially he's confirmed that Easton and Byrne are away, he could of course be talking about other players but I've decided that's what he's talking about.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

There was a bit of talk about Byrne wanting to stay fairly local when he signed him on loan, so you'd fancy that ourselves and Livi are the frontrunners there. Watch as he goes and signs for Partick now. 

For all that David Martindale bored the shit of out everyone with his incessant whining about how skint Livi were last season, I am confident they will probably muster a better financial offer. The extra prize money and the parachute payment will see to that. 

Yeah I think it's fair to say they'll have a budget at the top end of the scale by championship standards. 

According to the clubs recent email we're getting 3 new strips, is one of them the Club 1883 top or we getting a 3rd kit on top of home and away kit? 

Andy Barrowman was talking about one deal that has been on the cards/ongoing since last summer, I'm assuming that's Stevenson. I think Corr will decide to move on. His family were very vocal about him not playing and with the possibility of another cb coming in I can't see him getting a lot of game time this year. There's a lot of Prem players that've been released. A lot of defenders and forwards, not many midfielders which won't please Murray 😂

Would’ve just assumed with Byrne being a local lad (Kennoway if memory serves) that he’d sign with us if the money was right. No issue for me if he wants to go to pastures new. Matthews can quite easily slot into that position.

Easton going is the certainty. He’s supremely confident and backs his ability. Be interesting to see how he fares.

Two of our better players leaving so hopefully we do recruit well.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

According to the clubs recent email we're getting 3 new strips, is one of them the Club 1883 top or we getting a 3rd kit on top of home and away kit? 

Yes it literally says 3 new strips including club 1883 founders strip. So one new home, one new away and club 1883  

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere that Corr has triggered an extension in his contract. 

Home and away strips will be out soon but the 3rd kit will be later because they're giving folk until July to join up and get their name on it. 

Season tickets are interesting price wise to they stick with last year's prices and push to sell more. Or do they increase them slightly now folk will have the bug. 

Hopefully it's the former.