The New Raith Rovers Thread

28 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Is he still under contract with Fulham for another year? Read his contract was until June 2024 then elsewhere June 2025

He has disappeared from the Northampton website and Wiki page, nowhere to be seen on the Fulham versions either.

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Just because you couldn't afford him last summer, it doesn't mean you can't now. Where would he even fit in the team with players such as chalmers or mcann as competition though... 

Ignoring that piss take last sentence, it's commonly acknowledged that we offered him good terms (one of the highest paid players at the club) and he said he wanted to wait (obviously for a better offer/opportunity) None came so he came back and agreed to sign only for us to tell him the offer was no longer there.

It's nothing to do with us not being able to afford him, he pissed us about last season and he'll probably do the same again. 

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There's no chance we'll get Kieron Bowie back. The lad is Rovers daft but not daft enough about us to give up playing down south or a top flight club in Scotland. He'll have plenty of suitors.

Got to agree. If he ends up in Scotland it’ll be with St Mirren, DU or the likes. 

Anyone thinking Bowie will sign for us really needs to take more water with their whisky.  Aye he’s a Rovers fan and clearly loves the club but he’s above our level now and playing U21 international.  If he returns to Scotland it’ll be a Premiership level team.

I see Partick have signed Dan MacKay now as well as Ashcroft. Them and Ayr intend to push hard for the title by the looks of it.

Edited by MICMAC
Being a fud

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Ayr still look quite a bit weaker on paper than yourselves and Partick IMO.

I would tend to agree with that at the moment.

Ayr have undoubtedly strengthened (and in the areas they needed to) but I still think they lack a bit of depth and are probably still a bit weaker than they'd like in a couple of areas.  Play-off contenders yes, but I still have ourselves and Thistle as favourites for the title (with Livvy as an unknown due to the level of player turnover).

2 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I would tend to agree with that at the moment.

Ayr have undoubtedly strengthened (and in the areas they needed to) but I still think they lack a bit of depth and are probably still a bit weaker than they'd like in a couple of areas.  Play-off contenders yes, but I still have ourselves and Thistle as favourites for the title (with Livvy as an unknown due to the level of player turnover).

I don't think ayr will be pushing for title . We still need a good ch rb and cm and depending  on the quality we bring in then I'd say we could.  Mid table I'd say at moment 

Partick have done some really impressive business. Looking forward to the matchup v them. Stanton vs Turner 🙂

Said last night Bowie would be SPL level. If available I’d expect the board to at least make an attempt. That would obviously transform the chances of winning the league.

Kieron Bowie would be incredible at this level but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

The Raith Seniors twitter account is normally on the ball with these things so I do believe there could be something in it.  As long as it isn't Rudden coming back!!!!!!

12 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Seen someone mention Bowie but I doubt there was anything in it. Would love it to happen but can’t see it.

Think everyone would love to see him back at the Rovers,just cant see it

Means the square root of fook all but believe he has purchased a house here is currently staying back up here