The New Raith Rovers Thread

56 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I agree in the main, but even then, Joma messed it up by putting a big black label right in the middle of the map of Canary Islands, which was the defining feature of the top.

I wish we weren’t joma but don’t see it changing anytime soon, doesn’t look like a promotion winning kit, needs white shorts imo, ah well here’s hoping they bring out the 91/93 tops as retro this season, will happily buy both and fill them well as well 😂😂 

Edited by Been going too long

24 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Wowzers, you guys got done dirty. Very dirty. Let me make this worse for you.

This design was specially made for Norwich City, based on their bespoke 'Weave' typeface, used as decoration around the stadium. Joma, or whatever supplier is acting as middleman between RRFC and Joma, simply recoloured it and stuck a different crest on.

It's also by far the worst Norwich away kit in years and years. Joma didn't even pick a nice kit to recycle for you

a0be4808-dd41-496f-8dff-94f9a4040825.jpg?width=1920

I'll share the link to Norwich' press release but quote the relevant bits below;

Here's a press release about the 'weave' that you're now being forced to wear;

Summary; you're wearing another club's stadium's decoration on your home kit for no reason other than that Joma consider you diddies.

“diddies” sorry what league are you in, indeed if even still in a league .

Just now, DutchBorderer said:

Don't shoot the messenger, I have nothing against RR. In fact, I would think a club of your size deserves a bespoke, unique shirt.

Your supplier, however, thinks otherwise.

We got a bespoke home and away top last season. Not even Prem clubs get bespoke tops each season so we've probably had our quota for a while. 

3 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Don't shoot the messenger, I have nothing against RR. In fact, I would think a club of your size deserves a bespoke, unique shirt.

Your supplier, however, thinks otherwise.

There's no doubt your away strip from last season depicting the Tweed bridges was bespoke - shame about the choice of colours - it would have looked minted in white, silver and black.

Hmmm I see the strip has the funny neck detail which the Liverpool strip has. The pattern has an ‘80s feel to it. It’s quite a dull strip, but if we win promotion in it, it’s an instant classic.

I’ll wait until I see it in a game. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Edited by Scary Bear

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I suspect that would be easier to manage when the link between fanbase and the website is finalised, and I don't believe it is yet. Once that is done you can probably expose items in the store to different groups. 

On the subject of the website, if we could have the fixtures available in an iCal format so you could add them all to your device, that would be great. I'd be chucking them on my work calendar as an out of office notice. 

I use this calendar in the way that you're asking for and it works perfectly: https://www.fotmob.com/teams/10250/synccalendar/raith-rovers. Whoever maintains it keeps it well updated 😊

53 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

Just waiting on someone asking why Vaughan wasn't there.

Not 100% on the top but will still buy it. Don't get to many games so my way of putting some cash into the club

Wee niggle is the word on the street (or Dean Park)

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Wowzers, you guys got done dirty. Very dirty. Let me make this worse for you.

This design was specially made for Norwich City, based on their bespoke 'Weave' typeface, used as decoration around the stadium. Joma, or whatever supplier is acting as middleman between RRFC and Joma, simply recoloured it and stuck a different crest on.

It's also by far the worst Norwich away kit in years and years. Joma didn't even pick a nice kit to recycle for you

a0be4808-dd41-496f-8dff-94f9a4040825.jpg?width=1920

I'll share the link to Norwich' press release but quote the relevant bits below;

Here's a press release about the 'weave' that you're now being forced to wear;

Summary; you're wearing another club's stadium's decoration on your home kit for no reason other than that Joma consider you diddies.

This seems to have triggered you more than it’s likely to have triggered any of us tbh. I’d have been more annoyed if I was Norwich, if they designed and paid for a bespoke shirt only to see it rolled out elsewhere.

Wasn’t keen on the top from the video but thought it looked much better when the players came out.

I bought it and actually like it now. The sizing is the same as before so for adult sizes go 1 higher than your usual size.