The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is it too soon to suggest it's the right moment for David Goodwillie to make his first step into management?

What strange timing though, why would you let Murray have the entire offseason if he was one match away from getting fired? Just makes the board look a bit Mickey Mouse.

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Emptying someone who got you competitive at the top of the league may have some merit. Until you see the recycled tolys that end up linked with the job. Finding someone that turns out half decent at this level ain’t easy. Airdrie or Morton might be good places to have a look 

This is my concern the absolute dross that'll be getting bummed up by the media for the job. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

This is my concern the absolute dross that'll be getting bummed up by the media for the job. 

Aye, bear in kind last time it was Murray or Kevin Thomson.

I do think that our league position and points tally was much more impressive than the actuality of the performances, and once those late 1 goal wins dried up we looked functional and competent, but not much more.  I also think that the summer recruitment and early indications from what we've seen so far haven't given any confidence that things have moved on.

That said, the timing is weird.  I did think Murrays interview was usually p***kly yesterday, so can't help but wonder if there's been a falling out.

At least we won't be bringing everyone back for corners any more, I guess.

Edited by CALDERON

14 minutes ago, North West said:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Typical wee as f**k team mentality and a Board with ego going before sound judgement. 

Implosion begins. 

Thanks for your input👍 and yet mcpake is still there , your problems run a lot deeper than a change of manager though.

I know folk are joking but a manager with a proven track record for promotion.  He steered both Alloa and Cove to the championship and Dundee to the Premier. He also has connections to Hearts and Celtic as well as the Highland league. A master tactician and has an eye for talent. I bring you Paul Hartley 

15 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ya hoorsur never saw that coming, something been going on behind the scenes obviously , I bet this has cost big time paying him off unless its mutual. What's the betting on McCabe and Fordyce as the new management  team 

No offence to Raith but McCabe will go to a much bigger club. Taking a sideways step to a team not much better (no better?) where his estranged cousin is doesn’t sound very likely to me. 

1 minute ago, Higgenarse said:

I know folk are joking but a manager with a proven track record for promotion.  He steered both Alloa and Cove to the championship and Dundee to the Premier. He also has connections to Hearts and Celtic as well as the Highland league. A master tactician and has an eye for talent. I bring you Paul Hartley 

Make this happen 🙏

5 minutes ago, stirlingrover said:

Am wondering how this will affect the players?

Tam Courts incoming perhaps?

Where would we be getting the money to buy out his Saudi contract and ludicrous wages he'll be on in that ridiculous country?

14 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Said it at the time but it was an absurd decision, seemingly made by giddy owners on the back of a quite freakish run of results which clearly wasn't going to last forever. It's pretty clear from that decision and from sacking him 1 game into a season that they are quite impulsive with their decision making, which would worry me slightly if I was Raith fan.

100% agree. Too many with rose tinted glasses on, couldn't actually see how bad we were. I went home and away and it was a terrible watch. No clear plan other than Murrayball and it was never going to last... Although many thought it would. 

I wasn't happy at his appointment but I am at his dismissal, shame about how much it's going to cost due to stupidity in the 1st place.