The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murray has definitely said - on more than one occasion - that he preferred working under the current structure, a structure that allowed him to concentrate on coaching, rather than identifying/chasing up/finalising transfers

7 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Videos going up this late in the day give me the fear that its a "post something awful then go home strategy"

Either that or Murray lamped Barrowman and they need extra foundation to cover the bruising 🤣

RaithTV are volunteers, I doubt they will pack in their work for the day to go do an interview 

Just now, Sweaty Morph said:

Murray has definitely said - on more than one occasion - that he preferred working under the current structure, a structure that allowed him to concentrate on coaching, rather than identifying/chasing up/finalising transfers

Did he say it three times? 😉

38 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

What are you basing this on? Has one season of management experience in league 2. Yes he won the league but with a vastly superior budget to the other teams in the league. Not managed for 2 years now.  

Would be an incredibly underwhelming appointment in my opinion.

I'd guess Raith have a superior budget this season in the championship

McCabe would be obvious stick out choice, the rest are either wild or meh

34 minutes ago, North West said:

John McGlynn is favourite for the job.

More chance of me getting the job

Probably worth tempering expectations about this interview. Davie is a class act, and is a volunteer in his role at raith TV. I'd be astonished if there's any revelations coming out of this tonight.

I'd also add from my very limited experience even just talking to other Rovers fans that it's very easy to sit back and comment about what should be done, but it's a lot harder when you're behind a mic. 

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

I suppose he might have been 100% keen on this arrangement, but even if he wasn’t, I doubt he’d have said anything other than the fact he was fine with it. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Given we really should be quite an attractive proposition as the highest placed championship side from last season, with a board who have a budget available, there's an absolute death of managers who stand out for now. 

Aye. I know there's been the comments of "oh, whoever comes in is inheriting a squad of players he's not signed himself" but I'd like to think any manager who comes in should be quite excited at inheriting our current crop of players regardless that it's 'an Ian Murray squad'. If there's room for any additional players coming in then even better, allows him to put his own spin on things whilst still having some good players already here to work with. 

Sad to see Murray go in these circumstances,  really liked him - and he's left the club in a far better place than he found it.

Do I think he's the right man to achieve what the club want? Probably not, in hindsight.  But, we could have done much worse - so it's a massively critical appointment, albeit one that was necessary sooner or later.

Edited by CALDERON

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Good spot, didn't finish higher than 6th. Achieved that twice and then 9th in his final season. 

Aye he finished 9th when his front two were Stephen Dobbie and Lyndon Dykes. How he managed to get them into that position isn’t spoken about enough. 

57 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Would you say Scott brown is a good appointment for ayr? Genuine question as Thomson isn’t the most likeable of people but played for a club where demands were placed on him everyday. Murray I heard had a different approach and didn’t push them in training but wanted a happy ship. So my point is brown and Thomson are winners, McCabe was at rangers too and obviously learned etc . Murray is a nice bloke but won next to nothing ( I think) . Maybe the owners want a change of mindset, we look terrible so far this year ( including pre season) 

Murray played far more games for Rangers than McCabe. Both played far fewer than Barry Ferguson who won plenty as a player but was far from convincing as a manager.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Listening to a Thomson interview on Raith TV would at least be a handy cure for insomnia, so there's that. 

You’d probably need a subscription to RangersTV to get Thomson’s interviews. Wasn’t he still a pundit on there while at Kelty can’t see any major revelations here but Barrowman will probably focus on the process for the next manager. Clubs already stated it was due to poor results in 2024 and they’re not likely to deviate from that even if there is any other circumstances.  If Murray rocks up at the Pars later in the year I hope he keeps his win rate against his previous club going. 

9 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Murray played far more games for Rangers than McCabe. Both played far fewer than Barry Ferguson who won plenty as a player but was far from convincing as a manager.

I know it’s not an exact science , but the question is do you think brown is a good appointment for ayr , maybe this is the route the board will go down , not saying I want it but there is no obvious candidate and I don’t think Murray would have gotten us up but it’s only an opinion 

On 04/08/2024 at 13:26, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ya hoorsur never saw that coming, something been going on behind the scenes obviously , I bet this has cost big time paying him off unless its mutual. What's the betting on McCabe and Fordyce as the new management  team 

Not going to happen given they aren't on speaking terms. If McCabe was the next man in charge that would probably be the end of Dycey's Rovers career.

On 04/08/2024 at 16:05, Zanetti said:

Probably significantly higher wages and far more chance of getting promoted?

Higher wages yes, not far more chance of being promoted though, not with that squad.

On 04/08/2024 at 18:07, pub car king said:

I'm sure that's some creative accountancy because the rovers end was pretty busy probably about 700 to 800 in there alone. 

That said Airdrie end didn't look particularly busy. 

Shite catering as well.

On 04/08/2024 at 19:28, CountryBumpkin said:

BBC and the AP show it being 1,462. 

2228 revised figure.