The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

i dont know much about liam fox but if dundee united havent got rid of him then he must have some credibility

Yip, you don't know much. He's been the Hearts B coach for over a year

11 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Yip, you don't know much. He's been the Hearts B coach for over a year

and hes still their so he must have some credibility. but as i said know very little about him but if hes the clubs choice then i will support him until he proves he is not the man for us

No one at Rovers has ever expressed any opinion on Liam Fox being the next manager. It's all hearsay so time to ignore. Could just as easily be Gary Locke or John Hughes.

Or James McPake.😄😆

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

If Liam Fox with his 20% win record is genuinely the target it must have been a long list of people who turned us down. Don’t get me wrong, like players managers can change from club to club and suddenly find their form but what would make the board even look at his application with such a horrendous record. Instead of Gary Locke and his Hearts retirement home we’ll get Liam Fox and his Hearts nursery. 

The opening word "If" doing Olympic levels of hard lifting here.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I wonder how married we are to the structure we've got in place? Its been talked about and pushed as a good thing for continuity but it means that we're looking for a manager/head coach who doesn't want to bring their own backroom staff in. How much of a dealbreaker is it to not be able to bring in your own assistant, or goalkeeper coach but instead be asked to form a new working relationship with people you perhaps don't know?

I think Potter is in for the long haul as is his role, but if a new manager wanted their own assistant I'm sure that could be facilitated, albeit Mickey signed an extension do would be due a payoff.

Edited by Guest

Liam Fox is the type of appointment we could maybe have got away with if Murray had been poached by another club. 
In that scenario you allow the club some leeway since they had no choice but to find a new man at that point in time and had to fish in a potentially small pond. 

There is no hiding place for the club in the scenario the board have placed themselves. 
Murray was fine. I didn’t particularly enjoy some of the performances recently but the results were ok and I’m sure with the squad we have we would have ended up in the playoffs with him still at the helm, if not perhaps winning the league like a lot of the fanbase expect after last season. 
After getting rid of a manager who was ok based on ok results and meh performances the board cannot afford appoint a new man who has a decidedly below ‘meh’ record at his previous clubs. 
He, and they, will find themselves with a very short grace period if they do. 

TL:RD

If you decide to replace a manager who is ‘ok’, you MUST replace him with someone who is demonstrably better than ‘ok’. 
Liam Fox is not that. 

Edited by stevoraith

4 minutes ago, renton said:

This has days to grind on at least.

I think we will go into the Ayr game still with Potter and Cameron.  Doesn’t sound like we are even close yet to getting anything over the line going by Barrowmans comments on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

What about Gary Naysmith at Stenny? Did a cracking job there last year. Obviously wouldn’t be my first choice but if we are having to cast the net a bit wider now… 

Thought I'd read somewhere that he said he wasn't interested 

6 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Raith Rovers oh how the mighty have fallen

What makes you say that? 

There is some amount of bed wetting going on in this thread. Plenty time. 

9 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Raith Rovers oh how the mighty have fallen

For roughly the 300th time in a fortnight or so, I find myself wondering what on earth you’re talking about? 

Edited by McGuigan1978

It's strange that the whole Rhys McCabe rumours have gone very quiet. If we are prepared to pay compensation for someone already in a job then McCabe should be in the running.

Liam Fox has done nothing to merit a Championship club looking for promotion. His appointment will not go down well and a couple of poor results and the board better prepare for some backlash. They must get this appointment right.

5 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I couldn't care if the appointment takes another 2-3 weeks as long as its an inspiring choice. 

I think Naismith at Stenny is worth a wee gander. Failing that, Anelka for a second time. That should put the cat amongst the pigeons 😂😂

If you felt our best season in 25 years was a terrible watch, you'd be in for a treat with a manager who managed to guide a side containing Lyndon Dykes to a relegation playoff.