The New Raith Rovers Thread

28 minutes ago, unthinkablesurely said:

Neil Lennon just been punted from his current job ….. bring a bit of spice to the Championship 

It won't be him, but we are getting to the point where we're almost as well holding off now to see if anyone of interest becomes available during the season. 

I think there's a reasonable chance Potter and Cameron will be doing this for a few more weeks yet. 

9 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Just getting away from the manager appointment, we are still in need of players and lack a striker. I wonder why Gabby McGill is still free. 

I am putting money on a Championship Royal Rumble with the winner getting Innes Cameron on loan from Killie....  

6 hours ago, rrfc83 said:

I’m not a 1883 member but if the email was only about the room conversion they have put it on the website now. Why not give the club a chance first before shooting them down? Maybe your moan would have been valid in a couple of days not a couple of hours 

Wasn’t even meant to be a moan never mind shooting the club down 😂 As not in 1883 had no clue what info folk were talking about, so just expressing an interest in letting all fans know at some point, which from 1883 members posting sounds like they do already. So all good. 

Firmly in the accepted defeat on Saturday camp.

It’s been said but it’s mind blowing we hadn’t tapped someone up before sacking Murray. It’s the first mis-step in the new leaderships reign but looks to be a serious one and Barrowman should be held accountable if we lose on Saturday and hire Liam Fox.

4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

We've already laughed that out of town.

I wouldn't say no, though.

I don't think Raith could afford him for starters, Aberdeen and Hibs recently enquired and Hibs were looking to pay him less than what he was on previously, Aberdeen came nowhere near what he was looking for too 

1 hour ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Firmly in the accepted defeat on Saturday camp.

It’s been said but it’s mind blowing we hadn’t tapped someone up before sacking Murray. It’s the first mis-step in the new leaderships reign but looks to be a serious one and Barrowman should be held accountable if we lose on Saturday and hire Liam Fox.

Id guess a knockback or two has happened, It really isn't a good look to sack a manager after one league game. 

Future managers will take note of that 

14 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Would honestly prefer Liam Fox to Lennon. Hopefully it’s neither. Has the Scott Brown rumour been squashed? Could it be him and they are waiting to announce until after we play them Saturday to avoid a circus? 

No way it's Broony. He's early into his role, has just had his first close season to assemble his own squad and is keen to prove himself on his terms. Backed well by his Board. Strong start to the season. Could well be his pathway to a bigger club Premiership gig down the line. Why would he swap all that to inherit a squad he didn't put together with a club in the same division? Don't think money is Broon's motivation with this level of his management career. 

Edited by Lanky Highlander
typo

11 hours ago, Passionate said:

I am putting money on a Championship Royal Rumble with the winner getting Innes Cameron on loan from Killie....  

Everyone throwing themselves over the top rope to avoid. 

I don’t buy into the Liam Fox rumours. 

Going by how the new board have been since coming in I’d say they have ambitious plans and I think that’ll be reflective on who they are trying to get, within reason of course. 

Personally I’d like to see them going for Neil Critchley, albeit not a massive name but just left Blackpool seems highly regarded. Has worked with some massive teams and has plenty of contacts. 

Edited by Railwaystand

Given there’s been no whiff of anyone from any of the tabloids for a fortnight now, I can only assume that we are going to give Potter Saturday’s game to see how he gets on. If he gets a decent result, coupled with the win against Partick, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get the job.

6 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Given there’s been no whiff of anyone from any of the tabloids for a fortnight now, I can only assume that we are going to give Potter Saturday’s game to see how he gets on. If he gets a decent result, coupled with the win against Partick, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get the job.

We could win every game in this interim spell, I would be amazed if Potter is the next manager of the club.

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Possible on the first part anyway.

From Fifetoday, on their Josh Mullin story.

At the time of posting this article on Wednesday, no replacement for Murray had been announced and Colin Cameron and John Potter were the interim management duo in joint charge.

This newspaper’s requests for an update from Raith on their search for a new manager were met with a ‘no comment’ response.