The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just thinking ahead to Saturday, if we get Hamilton, Brown, Vaughan, Stanton and Freeman back for Saturday, maybe what's missing will change. Brown and Rosco in the middle with Freeman at RB with Vaughan on the left, Gibson on the right and Jamieson up top with Stanton as the Number 10.

Leaves Smith, Connolly, Hamilton, Mullin and Easton on the bench.

Browns injury was supposed to keep him out for 3 weeks, which was 3 weeks ago.

If he doesn't make it then I can see Stanton and Rosco in the middle, Vaughan moving to 10 with Gibson moving to the left and Mullin on the right. Probably start with Smith bit I think he's more an impact player than starting a a lone striker.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Last season was definitely an opportunity, but I'd be very surprised if whoever wins the league this season ends up with more points than Dundee United did last term. It was the highest total since Rangers won it in 2016. 

I'd be surprised if another side sees 6 opportunities in 3 months where their title rivals drop points, and they fail to win any of their own games on that corresponding match day.  Or if another side blows 2 x 2 goal leads to one of the worse sides seen at this level in years.  

Thinking Murray isn't the right man for the job wasn't the issue, waiting until August when they would have known months before was. 

Edited by CALDERON

3 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Just thinking ahead to Saturday, if we get Hamilton, Brown, Vaughan, Stanton and Freeman back for Saturday, maybe what's missing will change. Brown and Rosco in the middle with Freeman at RB with Vaughan on the left, Gibson on the right and Jamieson up top with Stanton as the Number 10.

If he doesn't make it then I can see Stanton and Rosco in the middle, Vaughan moving to 10 with Gibson moving to the left and Mullin on the right. Probably start with Smith bit I think he's more an impact player than starting a a lone striker.

We need a RB and a front man in before midnight on Friday,  and on Saturday get this 4-1-4-1 or whatever version of it in the sea. I'm not hopeful of a result , the players will be more pissed off than we are

I do have some degree of sympathy with the board on the Healy one. He applied for the role and agreed terms. If he’d been the first person we went to after Murray’s sacking then we would have understood the delay. How many people have we been to before him that didn’t apply? People we presumably thought would be interested? Leven, O’dea and O’Carroll? That’s where we’ve messed up and wasted time. 

We just have to hope that we’ve not put all of our eggs in one basket and only interviewed Healy!

3 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Injuries to players in teams on good runs are usually few and far between, conversely in situations like this players may tend to fancy that quick return just a bit wee bit less.

If there's no appointment (and it's looking that way) then it'll be interesting to see who declares themselves fit for Saturday.

Could it be your setup that’s causing managers to be put off? I’d assume most managers at this level would want a certain level of control and it sounds like the manager doesn’t get a huge amount of input into transfers and such. I could be wrong as I’ve only read what your fans are saying regarding the setup

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Could it be your setup that’s causing managers to be put off? I’d assume most managers at this level would want a certain level of control and it sounds like the manager doesn’t get a huge amount of input into transfers and such. I could be wrong as I’ve only read what your fans are saying regarding the setup

I think that’s how most clubs work these days. Well certainly the bigger ones anyway… that’s not me being patronising btw!

I wonder if Healy is holding out for the Airdrie job when McCabe gets sacked soon. They’ll be more up his street surely. 

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I think that’s how most clubs work these days. Well certainly the bigger ones anyway… that’s not me being patronising btw!

They do but my point is you’re not a big club and being in the Scottish Championship won’t attract the type of manager capable of working under this type of model

19 minutes ago, Rocco said:

It’s been well documented that Murray did have an input in the transfers, it was up to Potter to go out and pursue them and attract them to the club. Every player that we signed were wanted by Murray. I’m pretty confident of that. 

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:

They do but my point is you’re not a big club and being in the Scottish Championship won’t attract the type of manager capable of working under this type of model

This is nonsense as it's a methodology of work within a role and not some rare skill only possessed by a few. Everyone can adapt to new methodology within their jobs if they're willing 

23 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Not at this level they don’t. You telling me Scott Brown has little input into signings? Or Martindale, or McCabe, or McPake, or Doolan. Idiotic set up which we know to our cost. 

7 minutes ago, Wardy said:

It’s been well documented that Murray did have an input in the transfers, it was up to Potter to go out and pursue them and attract them to the club. Every player that we signed were wanted by Murray. I’m pretty confident of that. 

So who wanted Jamieson? 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Not at this level they don’t. You telling me Scott Brown has little input into signings? Or Martindale, or McCabe, or McPake, or Doolan. Idiotic set up which we know to our cost. 

Pretty sure for most of this summer the only input McPake has had is going to the board begging for them to let him sign anybody and them just laughing at him.