The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He heard the calling in the air tonight 

Do we have to wait just one more night? Or have the Rovers, against all odds finally, got their man today? 

If your board is happy with swapping Murray for Neill Collins, someone with no track record of promotion to the premiership, or indeed promotion to any league, or even managing in Scotland then lol. I've got some magic beans they might be interested in swapping for the south stand.

1 minute ago, g martin said:

If your board is happy with swapping Murray for Neill Collins, someone with no track record of promotion to the premiership, or indeed promotion to any league, or even managing in Scotland then lol. I've got some magic beans they might be interested in swapping for the south stand.

Murray hasn’t won a trophy or promotion in his managerial career either 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Murray hasn’t won a trophy or promotion in his managerial career either 

The idea was to get someone better than murray wasn't it? Or are you happy with doing worse than the play off finals from now on

1 minute ago, g martin said:

The idea was to get someone better than murray wasn't it? Or are you happy with doing worse than the play off finals from now on

And he might be we don’t know yet plus was doing well Barnsley , where standard is higher. All counts for nothing of course same with Murray at his next job 

Edited by Been going too long

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

No don’t think so 

You might be right, McCabe would have taken over as manager by the time Airdrie went up through through the play offs but I was sure Murray had taken Dumbarton from league one into the championship. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, g martin said:

The idea was to get someone better than murray wasn't it?

He might be. 

3 minutes ago, g martin said:

are you happy with doing worse than the play off finals from now on

No one knows how things will go. 

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

You might be right, McCabe would had taken over by the time Airdrie went up through through the play offs but I was sure Murray had taken Dumbarton from league one into the championship. 

I thought so as well sure I checked and was surprised he didn’t, could be wrong though

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

He might be. 

No one knows how things will go. 

15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

And he might be we don’t know yet plus was doing well Barnsley , where standard is higher. All counts for nothing of course same with Murray at his next job 

You can ignore track records and instead hire based on hope / optimism / taking a punt if you just had a shit season and dodged relegation or something. When your baseline is play off final and you sack them then you better aim for someone with a history of improving on that.