The New Raith Rovers Thread

Last week was 1200+. The two games last season were 900+ in feb and 800 ish at the start of last season before your derailment.

Either we're gaining fans at a rapid rate our you're spouting pish. I don't need a scientific measurement of our fan base to realise which one it is.

No. You're spouting pish. In previous seasons there was a delay getting in, barely room to stand and half hour queues for a pie and a pish. I was there. Last week there were big gaps in the terracing. I was there too.

Pish players, pish club , pish board, pish stadium, pish history, pish pies.

Just pish...

The pies are ok

always an upside (Raith Rovers are joint second in the Scottish Championship)

Rangers are having difficulties, same as Hibs. and Falkirk

Edited by Jambo99

The thing that gets me about the stupid kunts on here is this: they know the club is operating the team on the cheap, expecting the part time clubs to be a relegation safety net - in fact they justify it as good practise...

.. so they go out to cheer and urge on the Rovers knowing their foots on the brake.

yes - they know theyre being short changed and agree with it, but theyre indignant when its pointed out to them...

The fools on here anyway. As I've said, a large section of the support are voting with their feet.

The thing that gets me about the stupid kunts on here is this: they know the club is operating the team on the cheap, expecting the part time clubs to be a relegation safety net - in fact they justify it as good practise...

.. so they go out to cheer and urge on the Rovers knowing their foots on the brake.

yes - they know theyre being short changed and agree with it, but theyre indignant when its pointed out to them...

The fools on here anyway. As I've said, a large section of the support are voting with their feet.

Right so what would you like to see the board do?

I agree that the board should have maybe pushed the boat out for more players do give us the "strength and depth" that they blethered on about during pre-season. But injuries to Hill and Barr were obviously unexpected. Baird leaving was also a blow (was disappointed in the board for not trying to pull all the stops out trying to make him stay either) although even if we did offer him the same or more as Queens, it wouldn't have guaranteed him to sign for us.

What clubs do do you feel the club should emulate? Falkirk to me would seem like a good example. Although over the years they have spent a few seasons in the Premier League, so they had decent financial backing in order to be able to move to the Falkirk stadium, and invest in their youth academy. During that time, we saw ourselves sitting in the second division going nowhere until Mr. McGlynn arrived. Only then did the club begin to find it's feet again.

I for one am contrary to you're rule of "voting with my feet." I have a season ticket, but missed the Dumbarton game, and the Hearts one due to work commitments, and a wedding respectively. Maybe I'm not the only one in this boat either?

I could just come out with, "but we're third in the league, what's all the panic for?" Type reply? ;)

Right so what would you like to see the board do?

I agree that the board should have maybe pushed the boat out for more players do give us the "strength and depth" that they blethered on about during pre-season. But injuries to Hill and Barr were obviously unexpected. Baird leaving was also a blow (was disappointed in the board for not trying to pull all the stops out trying to make him stay either) although even if we did offer him the same or more as Queens, it wouldn't have guaranteed him to sign for us.

What clubs do do you feel the club should emulate? Falkirk to me would seem like a good example. Although over the years they have spent a few seasons in the Premier League, so they had decent financial backing in order to be able to move to the Falkirk stadium, and invest in their youth academy. During that time, we saw ourselves sitting in the second division going nowhere until Mr. McGlynn arrived. Only then did the club begin to find it's feet again.

I for one am contrary to you're rule of "voting with my feet." I have a season ticket, but missed the Dumbarton game, and the Hearts one due to work commitments, and a wedding respectively. Maybe I'm not the only one in this boat either?

I could just come out with, "but we're third in the league, what's all the panic for?" Type reply? ;)

Falkirk are the best example in terms of youth system, although it's probably outwith our means to set up something similar, but when they got relegated they were in a financial mess and would probably have been in administration were it not for the financial backing of a wealthy fan. The transfer fees they've raked in over the last couple of years has probably improved their position since then though.

Aye, the half time pie is usually the best bit of the game...

....value for money, see :rolleyes:

I reckon the club should buy in more pies (even though we probably have enough) to alleviate supporter concern that there might not be enough pies to get us through a game.

Did you used to post as Bring Back the Twa Hoops, Big Berk?

Edited by Andy C

Falkirk are the best example in terms of youth system, although it's probably outwith our means to set up something similar, but when they got relegated they were in a financial mess and would probably have been in administration were it not for the financial backing of a wealthy fan. The transfer fees they've raked in over the last couple of years has probably improved their position since then though.

See that's where the problem lies, it's about getting to the Premier and staying there. When you look at a club like Hamilton going up and performing well it does make you wonder? Do their support vote with their feet? Lucky if they have 1000 home fans...it wasn't that long ago that Hamilton were down in the old second division with us, and hammering them 4-0 at their own patch..

Another team that could have been us are Kilmarnock, got promoted with us back in 1992 and have stayed there ever since. Actually amazing statistic actually. Frightening in fact..

I believe we have ambition, but it's got to tempered with some realism. Can we compete with the 'big 3', on a fraction of their gate receipts, whilst paying all out old bills, I don't think so.

Ambition could be to make a profit this year, whilst having a relatively competitive team on the park. Or it could be to grab as much cash as we can and try and buy back the ground.

Whatever the ambition is, it must not jeopardise the future financial stability of the club. We are indebted (in more ways than one) to a few local business men, who are in the 60+ age bracket, and unless they have developed some sort of immortality therapy on Pratt Street, we have start becoming self sufficient in terms of finances.

Irrespective of where, or how well the Rovers play, they will always be my team, and I will always be ready to pay my way to support them in person or in pound notes.