Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40822269

Wonder if they are reconsdering the name of this building as this is the second time in 2 years it has looked like this......

Large fire rips through Dubai's Torch Tower

Media captionIt is not clear what caused the fire

A large fire has ripped through a residential skyscraper in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates - for the second time in two years.

Footage posted on social media showed flames spreading up the Torch Tower, and burning debris falling down.

The authorities later said that civil defence workers "successfully evacuated" the building and the blaze was brought under control.

It is not clear what caused the fire in one of the world's tallest buildings.

"No injuries have been reported so far in the Torch Tower fire incident," the government of Dubai's media office tweeted.

It added that "cooling operations were under way".

The Torch Tower was damaged by an earlier blaze in 2015.

The Torch Tower, Dubai

• The 79-storey skyscraper opened in 2011
  • Was the world's tallest residential building at its opening, but has since been surpassed by six others
  • Is thought to be the 32nd tallest building in the world, according to the Skyscraper Centre
  • It has 676 apartments. A two-bedroom flat starts at more than $500,000 (£381,000)
  • Residents have access to an eight-storey garage and a swimming pool overlooking Dubai's waterfront

Im at the madness gig in Falkirk with the wife, just been watching "the farm" (band from the 90s). Brilliant. d164c0d48d2d06f343f5d3cda6255d80.jpg

Went to Ian Rush's testimonial many years ago, now I think of it, it might have been Ronnie Moran's, f**k knows, but at half time The Farm set up in the penalty boxing in front of us and we all had a 'altogether now' singalong for 10 mins. It was nice.

I was just listening to Prisencolinensinainciusol the other day, oddly enough. Cracking tune, and the lyrics ring as true today as they ever have.

A'righ.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Watching RoboCop for the umpteenth time.  I can't believe that it's 30 years old!

The bit were Murphy gets shot to shit traumatised me as a 9 or 10 year old and it still traumatises me today.

Fucking great film.  

I remember the game on the Spectrum, it was pants.  I recall swapping it for an astroturf subbuteo pitch.  Happy days and a top film.

Watching RoboCop for the umpteenth time.  I can't believe that it's 30 years old!
The bit were Murphy gets shot to shit traumatised me as a 9 or 10 year old and it still traumatises me today.
Fucking great film.  

"You're dead. We killed you." Nasty but excellent as you say.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Watching RoboCop for the umpteenth time.

Fucking great film.  

You are correct

3 hours ago, Tynieness said:

I remember the game on the Spectrum, it was pants.

You are not.

On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 01:10, Shandon Par said:

I've never tried cutting down coffee. My newest espresso pot makes six shots at once and I'll do at least two or three pots before leaving the house then a couple of large cafetieres at work. If I go to the gym I'll neck cold coffees too. You can fit so much into the day and only need a minimal amount of sleep. 

^^^Jack Killian

What's your point (midnight) caller?