Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Too much champagne always gives me heartburn.

champagne.jpg.1ae93d092ddb70c83014aaddaba17ecf.jpg

more to your taste perhaps? 

I was actually idling musing about yoghurts of yesteryear early today- Murchies and Kennerty. 

Murchies were taken over by Wiseman's in the 1980s and Kennerty by Wisemans in 1994. Yoghurt hasn't been the same since. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

champagne.jpg.1ae93d092ddb70c83014aaddaba17ecf.jpg

more to your taste perhaps? 

I was actually idling musing about yoghurts of yesteryear early today- Murchies and Kennerty. 

Murchies were taken over by Wiseman's in the 1980s and Kennerty by Wisemans in 1994. Yoghurt hasn't been the same since. 

There used to be a Ski yoghurt factory in the Chesser area of Edinburgh. Me and my motley crew back in the 70’s thought that it would be a good idea to raid the place for the dumped stuff in the skip. We looked over the fence and decided that our idea was as daft as it sounded. 5 minutes later on our nonchalant wander home we heard a screech of tyres behind us, somebody had called the police! What followed was just mental, coppers who had seen too much Starsky and Hutch jumping over car bonnets, people hiding in dustbins and me being chased on foot for over 2 miles.

I wish I could relive those halcyon days, life was great for me back then.

6 hours ago, supermik said:

There used to be a Ski yoghurt factory in the Chesser area of Edinburgh. Me and my motley crew back in the 70’s thought that it would be a good idea to raid the place for the dumped stuff in the skip. We looked over the fence and decided that our idea was as daft as it sounded. 5 minutes later on our nonchalant wander home we heard a screech of tyres behind us, somebody had called the police! What followed was just mental, coppers who had seen too much Starsky and Hutch jumping over car bonnets, people hiding in dustbins and me being chased on foot for over 2 miles.

I wish I could relive those halcyon days, life was great for me back then.

Strangers’ cheese from a shared fridge, now out of date yoghurt from a bin. Is there anything you won’t steal?

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Murchies were taken over by Wiseman's in the 1980s

Always wondered* what happened to Murchies as that's the milk my mum used to buy. My auntie bought her milk from the Leith Provident and I never thought it tasted the same.

*Well, not strictly true. It hasn't kept me awake at night.

24 minutes ago, Dele said:

Screenshot_20190330_093953_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.013b85e143c32cd7e1bbfed858d94ac2.jpg

Been sent this from my mate. He's at Perth train station and apparently this boy has been stood like this staring at the door for quite some time. 

Perth gonna Perth. 

Tell yout pal to shout 'what's the time mister wolf?' Then it will all make sense.

27 minutes ago, Dele said:

Screenshot_20190330_093953_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.013b85e143c32cd7e1bbfed858d94ac2.jpg

Been sent this from my mate. He's at Perth train station and apparently this boy has been stood like this staring at the door for quite some time. 

Perth gonna Perth. 

Perhaps your mate is so hideously ugly that the guy would rather stare at a painted wooden door than subject his eyes to the trauma?

Or is your mate Madusa?

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Perth gonna Perth. 

If the door has been painted within the last hour or two it might be preferable to watching St. Johnstone play.