Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 06/01/2019 at 15:08, Jacksgranda said:

That's the Christmas decorations down and away back into the attic, thank goodness. Took just under an hour. Right enough I'd a bit of assistance. The two boys were a big help, their wee sister not so much.

That's the decorations down from the attic, although not put up yet. All 3 of them were a help this time round.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's the decorations down from the attic, although not put up yet. All 3 of them were a help this time round.

That's the empty boxes back in the attic, although 2 of my wee helpers were away home.

I've now got all this up and down nonsense to go through again in 3 weeks.

Christmas? Bloody hell.

I see our good friend Harry has been in the news. Selling an apology to the Heil on Sunday.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1443162-bin-lorry-crash-driver-apologises-on-fifth-anniversary/

Particularly enjoyed this quote from the fat denying murderer:

20E2B62D-59AF-4765-AC54-03F71A6E1FC6.thumb.jpeg.6049a7dc5455c2bb97bbe0d75f6bf761.jpeg

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Were they any good?

I was 9 at the time and have more recollection of the audience than the music.  That said there’s lots of Beatles songs I still like; possibly overhyped at times they were still groundbreaking.

I also saw the Stones the following year but have less recollection of that.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see our good friend Harry has been in the news. Selling an apology to the Heil on Sunday.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1443162-bin-lorry-crash-driver-apologises-on-fifth-anniversary/

Particularly enjoyed this quote from the fat denying murderer:

20E2B62D-59AF-4765-AC54-03F71A6E1FC6.thumb.jpeg.6049a7dc5455c2bb97bbe0d75f6bf761.jpeg

...not after the last time surely.

prestige.jpeg

Im hoping the masses of pie and bovril can help me.

Does anyone know if you can pay an amount towards land and buildings tax before submission of the actual tax return?

Scenario is I have just been hit with a hefty fine for late submission. My lawyer had the money before the transaction went through. They send stuff via letter rather than email. They sent the return to sign. We had just had a new baby so didnt send it back in time. The guy never phoned and never specified in the letters that it needed to be sent back by a specific date. So been hit with a penalty for late submission and late payment.

Advice welcome please

Does anyone know if you can pay an amount towards land and buildings tax before submission of the actual tax return?

Scenario is I have just been hit with a hefty fine for late submission. My lawyer had the money before the transaction went through. They send stuff via letter rather than email. They sent the return to sign. We had just had a new baby so didnt send it back in time. The guy never phoned and never specified in the letters that it needed to be sent back by a specific date. So been hit with a penalty for late submission and late payment.

Advice welcome please

Nup. Think you’re stuck M77. The reason they send via paper is it needs an actual signature. I stand to be corrected but I think Scotland is about to allow digital signatures but think we’re a wee bit away from it yet. A bit poor that he didn’t chase it but ultimately it’s your responsibility I’m afraid.

Advice welcome please

Nup. Think you’re stuck M77. The reason they send via paper is it needs an actual signature. I stand to be corrected but I think Scotland is about to allow digital signatures but think we’re a wee bit away from it yet. A bit poor that he didn’t chase it but ultimately it’s your responsibility I’m afraid.

The majority of penalty is due to the late payment. However, we paid it across to him on the date the house went through. So it sat in their account for 8 weeks. They sent a couple of letters saying “send back just as soon as possible’. Never once mentioned the deadline