Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

41 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:
Any fellow Sudoku’rs help?

221D0DA8-0C2B-409C-B75D-42705F6124F4.thumb.png.4a4847e59ab4710471fc654ad21db1f0.png

Centre square bottom left has to be a three. The seven and nine in that row can only go in column five or seven, which leaves three as the only candidate for row six column four.

Cheers. What’s the reason 9 can’t go in column 4?

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Cheers. What’s the reason 9 can’t go in column 4?

9 can indeed go into column 4

... and it does 

I completed it and R4C4 = 9

FWIW from where you are, both R6C5 and R6C7 can only be a 7 or a 9, hence R6C4 must be 3.  With this,  R5C9 must also be 3, hence R5C4 and R5C7 can both only be 1 or 7.

The rest I leave to you...  :)

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

9 can indeed go into column 4

Hide contents

... and it does 

Hide contents

I completed it and R4C4 = 9

FWIW from where you are, both R6C5 and R6C7 can only be a 7 or a 9, hence R6C4 must be 3.  With this,  R5C9 must also be 3, hence R5C4 and R5C7 can both only be 1 or 7.

The rest I leave to you...  :)

Much appreciated. I’m getting there - can see the 7 or 9 but that leaves me with 5,3 and 8 for row six. How did you manage to prove that R6C4 had to 3 at that point?  It looks like it’s a choice between C4 and C9?

Edited by Alert Mongoose

55 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Much appreciated. I’m getting there - can see the 7 or 9 but that leaves me with 5,3 and 8 for row six. How did you manage to prove that R6C4 had to 3 at that point?  It looks like it’s a choice between C4 and C9?

C5 and C7 in Row 6 can only be 7 and 9. That means none of the other blanks (C1,C4 and C9) can be 7 or 9 , so must be 3,5 and 8. C4 can't be 5 (already in the column) or 8 (already in the square) so must be 3.

2 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

C5 and C7 in Row 6 can only be 7 and 9. That means none of the other blanks (C1,C4 and C9) can be 7 or 9 , so must be 3,5 and 8. C4 can't be 5 (already in the column) or 8 (already in the square) so must be 3.

It all seems to obvious now. Christ knows how I missed that. Cheers all.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

I know how Sudoku works, at least on paper (boom, tish) but what's the significance of the shaded squares and different coloured numbers?

It's a code.. It leads you to the lost gold of the late General Abacha of Nigeria. PM me your bank details and you can have a share in it too. 

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

I know how Sudoku works, at least on paper (boom, tish) but what's the significance of the shaded squares and different coloured numbers?

The blue numbers are ones the poster entered. The black ones are the pre-populated ones.