Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Albion Rovers appear to be Coatbridge's alternative to Celtic.  Just saying. 

Explains the busloads of supporters from all over Scotland converging on Cliftonhill every second Saturday.

19 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

No, as our careers advice department considered of a twentysomething lad they'd stuck in an old broom closet, who looked haunted by the fact that this was his career.

However, the Job Centre stuck me in front of it when I was 15. After about twenty minutes answering questions, they handed me a piece of dot matrix paper with 'Florist' printed on  <_<

They might at least have used a daisy wheel.

On 29/09/2020 at 14:05, coprolite said:

I'd say there are two good alternatives. 

Make sure you're paid enough to compensate. 

Decide what you want to do, retrain and give it a good go. 

The most common reaction is to let inertia take over and sleepwalk towards middle age getting underpaid for a job you despise. 

That was me. ("Despise" might be too strong, but "not enjoyable".)

On 29/09/2020 at 22:19, D.A.F.C said:

I wish it was a comedy m9. Apologies for going off on one again. A bit like boy who cried wolf now but I’m going to ask for training or opportunities next month and explain that it’s that or I need to look elsewhere. They can’t defend their previous actions and will probably give it tough leave then but I think I need to hear it then act on it. As tough as it is in this financial climate, despite not appearing to do anything I have saved up enough to step away and pursue education while doing part time or full time. Not good timing with universities though either tbh but f**k it.

Good for you.