Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 10/09/2020 at 19:49, Mr. Alli said:

Just booked my first solo holiday abroad. Nothing major and talked myself back to 3 nights rather than 5. I think with the latter I'd just end up getting splattered and ruining the whole thing. 3 nights gives me just enough time to see what I want to, with enough time to explore. 

Months away but I'm pretty excited already. 

Where you heading off to? 

Nothing beats cutting about some random place on your own, it's the best.

What age does this become a thing? When I was in my 20s I wouldnt have dreamed of it. Probably would have even hated being in a pub by myself. Now I should be overjoyed to go exploring somewhere abroad on my own and being in the pub alone is to achieve Nirvana.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Valletta. Day in Gozo, too. Been somewhere I've wanted to go for a while but always end up going other places as I'm a massive shitehouse and give in to where other folk wanted to go. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, 101 said:

What age does this become a thing? When I was in my 20s I wouldnt have dreamed of it. Probably would have even hated being in a pub by myself. Now I should be overjoyed to go exploring somewhere abroad on my own and being in the pub alone is to achieve Nirvana.

Dunno, I went to Belfast and Rome when I was 18 and Toronto when I was 21. 

I guess everyone gets to a stage in their life when they think I want to do something just for me. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Valletta. Day in Gozo, too. Been somewhere I've wanted to go for a while but always end up going other places as I'm a massive shitehouse and give in to where other folk wanted to go. 

Malta, right? 

Nice one, those Islands look really nice and peaceful. Enjoy!

ETA: is it a peaceful wee break your going for :lol:

Edited by 101

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

Malta, right? 

Nice one, those Islands look really nice and peaceful. Enjoy!

ETA: is it a peaceful wee break your going for :lol:

Yeah mate, Malta. It is a peaceful one although the last night might be spent in St Julian getting absolutely MWI. :whistle

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah mate, Malta. It is a peaceful one although the last night might be spent in St Julian getting absolutely MWI. :whistle

I didn't know Malta had a place to get MWI. Fair play sure it will be decent

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nice one! Used to go there a lot as my parents used to have a place in St Paul's bay, its been nearly 20 years since my last visit but i recall it being very chilled out, Valletta is lovely and i really liked Gozo. 

Great seafood in Malta, the swordfish was incredible. 

I went into The Pub in Valletta and had a beer where Oliver Reed had his last drink. 

Edited by stevieKTID

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
15 hours ago, 101 said:

19 for me. Went to Portugal for a week on a last minute flight with nowhere booked and no itinerary planned. Just a backpack and a Rough Guide from the library.

This was in 1981 and a lot of people I knew (of all ages) were so used to the package tour companies doing everything for them, they were astonished that such a thing was even possible. 

watching the Mechelen games last evening verses Oostende, don't ask why!

During the first have I notice Jack Hendry playing for Oostende which I didn't know he did....anyway.  Seen one of the worst misses EVER, by a Mechelen player, when it was 0-0.  Oostende scored in the 95th min to win 0-1 Ja k Hendry the scorer.

Here's the miss

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

watching the Mechelen games last evening verses Oostende, don't ask why!

During the first have I notice Jack Hendry playing for Oostende which I didn't know he did....anyway.  Seen one of the worst misses EVER, by a Mechelen player, when it was 0-0.  Oostende scored in the 95th min to win 0-1 Ja k Hendry the scorer.

Here's the miss

Oh my!