Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

A/ I wondered who would mention Slipperry first, surprised it took half an hour, tbqh..

B/ Neither myself nor my wife are fit enough to take a dog for exercise, and even a "mature" dog could live for another 5-7 years, which is probably more than we will, so definitely no more dogs.

My dog’s adoption application is in the post to you. And owner who promises to never make him leave the sofa and will keep him supplied with tea and toast all day is his dream. 

My dog’s adoption application is in the post to you. And owner who promises to never make him leave the sofa and will keep him supplied with tea and toast all day is his dream. 
Mrs Wing would take him off you in a heartbeat. Every few days she asks if there's any new pictures of Renton posted. She actually made me trawl through the older posts on the "show us your dogs" thread so she could see puppy Renton and his escapades.

15 hours ago, Snafu said:

Five years ago a plumber in Houston wanted to upgrade to a better truck so he traded in the old one in for a new one. He was told that peeling the decals of his old truck himself would damage the paint work and the company AutoNation Ford Gulf Freeway would do it before they sold it on.

A year later a picture of the truck appeared in a tweet by a contributor to Long War Journal.

The truck was in the hands of Isis in Syria.

Shit hit the fan, lawsuits against the company, harassment against him and his family, death threat phone calls and now the plumber from Texas had to shut down his business, leave town and has to carry a firearm for protection. He is also frequently visited by Homeland Security and the FBI.

The image of the truck was widely circulated on Twitter and published in news reports since 2014.

I was just thinking about that story the other day for some reason. 

Imagine being that dense that you phone the guy up to give him abuse as if he had personally sold it to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after he turned up at his door after seeing his ad on Gumtree. 

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I was just thinking about that story the other day for some reason. 

Imagine being that dense that you phone the guy up to give him abuse as if he had personally sold it to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after he turned up at his door after seeing his ad on Gumtree. 

The main thing is that he's a good plumber. So what if he's a member of a death cult in his spare time? 

12 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

The main thing is that he's a good plumber. So what if he's a member of a death cult in his spare time? 

People are so judgemental sometimes, although I've got a bit of a cheek to talk as I burnt one of my old neighbours house to the ground after I saw Boko Haram on the news using his old Ford Transit. 

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

People are so judgemental sometimes, although I've got a bit of a cheek to talk as I burnt one of my old neighbours house to the ground after I saw Boko Haram on the news using his old Ford Transit. 

Not sure what the good ole folks at Hummer will make of the Taliban using their vehicles. If you don't look too closely they could probably pass for the KKK though. 

image.png.044cb997fc16549903c7d4bd0e47ff5d.png

Edited by Shandön Par

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Got some decent compo out of it by the sounds of it after the company he sold it to settled his $1 million suit.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2017-01-09/plumber-whose-decaled-truck-went-to-syria-settles-lawsuit

Nice refurb..

CI7hy0KWgAAyn0n?format=jpg&name=900x900

I could be doing with a plumber with an anti-aircraft gun to clear my bog after some of the shites I've been doing recently. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Got some decent compo out of it by the sounds of it after the company he sold it to settled his $1 million suit.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2017-01-09/plumber-whose-decaled-truck-went-to-syria-settles-lawsuit

Nice refurb..

CI7hy0KWgAAyn0n?format=jpg&name=900x900

You really wouldn't complain if he turned up without all the right parts...

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

You should just have got Grimbo to do it for you...

14 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Not sure what the good ole folks at Hummer will make of the Taliban using their vehicles. If you don't look too closely they could probably pass for the KKK though. 

19043155.webp

You're fucking kidding, IS and The Taliban put millions on the share price of Isuzu and Toyota.

Farmers everywhere have thought "ken, if it goes up them mountains and through a desert it'll go through oor tap field. Fill the forms in before we leave the EU."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

On a separate but related note, I know a lad who was/is adamant that Boko Haram are responsible for 'Whiter Shade of Pale'.

Just booked my first solo holiday abroad. Nothing major and talked myself back to 3 nights rather than 5. I think with the latter I'd just end up getting splattered and ruining the whole thing. 3 nights gives me just enough time to see what I want to, with enough time to explore. 

Months away but I'm pretty excited already.