Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've taken to stepping out onto the road in front of cars that are evidently about to turn at junctions without indicating.  If you're too lazy to flick an indicator switch then f*** you.  The occasional hard-stop is probably good for your brakes anyway.

Edited by Hedgecutter
sp.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've taken to stepping out onto the road in front of cars that are evidently about to turn at junctions without indicating.  If you're too lazy to flick an indicator switch then f*** you.  The occasional hard-stop is probably good for your breaks anyway.

I stepped off a traffic island to cross a side street as a taxi started indicating to turn into it and kept walking. The c**t sped up and took the corner as tightly as possible so I had to jump to avoid getting hit. 
Them doing a hard stop might not be a worst case scenario.

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've taken to stepping out onto the road in front of cars that are evidently about to turn at junctions without indicating.  If you're too lazy to flick an indicator switch then f*** you.  The occasional hard-stop is probably good for your breaks anyway.

Darwin Awards thread for this pish.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

What could possibly go wrong? 

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Hasn't the law changed now so that they are legally obliged to stop?

Edited by Loonytoons

24 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Good for your breaks, brakes or breeks? I would say it's definitely not good for the last one.

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

So I believe.  Will take a decade or so for folk to get their heads around it though.

I recall the awareness campaign advert on the telly involved a woman pushing a pram out onto the road at a junction as a car was turning left.

The driver stopped and gave a big thumbs up and she gave the same back.

All I thought was how stupid she was pushing her pram out onto the road.

26 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

So I believe.  Will take a decade or so for folk to get their heads around it though.

Pedestrians always had right of way if they had already started to cross. The change was they should now be given right away even if only waiting to cross. 

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

I stepped off a traffic island to cross a side street as a taxi started indicating to turn into it and kept walking. The c**t sped up and took the corner as tightly as possible so I had to jump to avoid getting hit. 
Them doing a hard stop might not be a worst case scenario.

For a close pass like that, if able, whacking the rear quarter of the car with a palm and spinning down to the ground is good for the drivers heart rate.

I've had a great weekend of it. Zero overtime, zero plans. I've been in the house chilling watching Netflix with my phone on airplane mode and only communication I've had is on here. No bevvy, no Ching.

Yesterday I ordered food from shax in Dundee. Burger was 9/10. Battered wings were, at a push, 4/10.

Just demolished half a garlic chilli donner on a naan from New Sheeros. Owners a walloper and I said I'd never use it after his antics in his last place but my usual spot is offline. 8/10. Half for tomorrow's tea.

I'm going into work tomorrow to kick the wasps nest a bit. Long overdue.

Edited by Derry Alli