Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Being a bit over the magic age of 55, I've decided to cash in some of my private pension pot which isn't exactly a fortune to begin with. On contacting my pension provider with my request I was informed that to do this I must go through a Financial Adviser. After 1 free consultation and another 2 meetings with the Financial Adviser during which I have had to fill in various questionnaires about my salary, personal expenses, reasons for wanting to withdraw the cash, how much I spend on holidays, groceries, utilities, council tax, etc, progress is being made to get the money released. The Financial Adviser also has a set fee of 500.00 pounds coming off my already limited funds (I was already aware of this as it was mentioned at the first free consultation). I could understand the need for all these questions if it was a loan I was after but it is my money I am trying to get out to spend as I please so why do I need to divulge all this information. Why does a comparatively simple thing like getting your money back have to be made so complicated.

You don't need an FA to do this, all pension companies do this to avoid the misselling / stupid c**t makes an arse of own finances and sues angle.

Pension companies do not need to know what you are doing with the money and what your income / out goings are, that's the FA covering their own arse.

Basically, you were told to see an IFA and you did, if you had sent back a response with you don't want an IFA you were OK as well as you are admitting liability.

Should read the money saving expert site. It's covered on there

You don't need an FA to do this, all pension companies do this to avoid the misselling / stupid c**t makes an arse of own finances and sues angle.

Pension companies do not need to know what you are doing with the money and what your income / out goings are, that's the FA covering their own arse.

Basically, you were told to see an IFA and you did, if you had sent back a response with you don't want an IFA you were OK as well as you are admitting liability.

Should read the money saving expert site. It's covered on there

To be fair the Financial Adviser did admit a lot of the information she was asking for was merely to satisfy the Financial Conduct Authority that she had carried out a satisfactory financial assessment in case of any complaints arising from the advise she was giving me. It would have been more beneficial (to me) if she had asked me to sign a waiver saying that I was offered the advise but declined to accept.

Went to the pub to watch the second half of the football and there is a group of people who have been at a wake. It's all kicking off. Must have been rubbish sausage rolls

'Spoons at Anniesland, by any chance?

Talking about the Women's Equality Party policy document launch, Mozzamozza said............

Quite a few "wids" in the policy document, including Dora from London. I'd like to put my cross in her box etc etc

Edited by Fudge